Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Speakers corner) MAGA hats!

Default (Speakers corner) MAGA hats!

We all saw the video of the kids and the Native American. Yes I saw parts of the Black Hebrews hate filled speech. But what's with the kid getting in the face of the gentlemen wearing a MAGA hat. (let's forget that point for a minute) How many of you people in your everyday life, go out in public in California and see people wearing a Red MAGA hat? I haven't seen anybody in over a year plus wearing one in CA.

Let me tell you a little story about myself.

In my 20's and 30's (I'm almost 60 now) I was an inner continental sportsmen. In the West my home range was from Alaska to Mainland Mexico and everything in between. In the East my range was from Newfoundland to Florida and everything North and South to East and West in North America. (basically I was every where there was something interesting to do as a sportsman) My Mountain Lion story in Colorado is legendary on here. But my most unusual adventure was probably an Alligator hunt in Louisiana. In doing these unusual adventures I came to a conclusion 30 years ago by accident. I wasn't political then, I was a registered Republican and voted a straight Republican ticket till 2000. But my conclusion was, if you weren't from the West coast or New England you had some funny ideas about everything. (I wanted to say they were a bunch of hicks but that might offend people) lol

What I didn't find in other states, was an open minded attitude to other people who didn't look like them! In CA my friends are my friends and they don't all have to look like me. As I became more interested in politics, I noticed the same states that had those funny idea's are all Red states! 30 years ago I would not have connected those dot's.

So now here is the question.

Is the MAGA hat a sign of racism?

Does it mean the same thing in every state?

This is just my opinion, but if I saw someone wearing a MAGA hat in California. That might as well be wearing an KKK hood and robs. I think it means the same thing because they live in California and know we get along very nicely with our neighbors. I can't say what it means to other people in other states. But most people by now should realize Trump wasn't an economic messiah to most people!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    ...go out in public in California....
    You answered your own question.

We're a bunch of liberal tree hugging hippies in this state.

Then again, there aren't too many cross burnings here either. (Well, outside in public at least.)

When people lie they think it makes their junk bigger! It doesn't!!!!!!

I have never seen anyone wearing a MAGA hat, either. Many people are connecting them with racism. I saw a person today say that MAGA hats are the new KKK hoods. Of course, that was said jokingly, but with a large helping of the truth to go along with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-F7G8Np9BM

Why no one wears the red hat? Like images or the text (MAGA), it triggers some of you to your happy place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3uKCDPKS9M

It's a hat, not nearly as offensive as you struttin' back fat on a boat with a bunch of guys fishing. You weren't trying to attract your next date were you? Are you...? oh never mind, I think I already know.

"Let's say I am driving through the farm country of Iowa.(Or any rural area in the Midwest).
    I have never been to Iowa and I have no map or GPS. How will I find the place I am looking for?
    I want to find and photograph this old church. I stop at a small gas station and get the following information from the elderly fellow in the overalls:
    "Go down this here road about three miles. On the right you'll see an old farmhouse with a red barn. Turn left until you hit a covered bridge. Cross it and turn right till you come to large corn field. Keep going straight till you see a sign that says, RR crossing. Turn left after you cross and you will see the little church straight ahead".
    And it worked, I have followed the signposts and I have arrived at the little church.
    Signposts.
    Signposts which, if followed, lead us to where we must go gay, I mean happily.
    Last edited by fREloader; 01-23-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    We all saw the video of the kids and the Native American. Yes I saw parts of the Black Hebrews hate filled speech. But what's with the kid getting in the face of the gentlemen wearing a MAGA hat. (let's forget that point for a minute) How many of you people in your everyday life, go out in public in California and see people wearing a Red MAGA hat? I haven't seen anybody in over a year plus wearing one in CA.

Let me tell you a little story about myself.

In my 20's and 30's (I'm almost 60 now) I was an inner continental sportsmen. In the West my home range was from Alaska to Mainland Mexico and everything in between. In the East my range was from Newfoundland to Florida and everything North and South to East and West in North America. (basically I was every where there was something interesting to do as a sportsman) My Mountain Lion story in Colorado is legendary on here. But my most unusual adventure was probably an Alligator hunt in Louisiana. In doing these unusual adventures I came to a conclusion 30 years ago by accident. I wasn't political then, I was a registered Republican and voted a straight Republican ticket till 2000. But my conclusion was, if you weren't from the West coast or New England you had some funny ideas about everything. ( I wanted to say they were a bunch of hicks but that might offend people) lol

What I didn't find in other states, was an open minded attitude to other people who didn't look like them! In CA my friends are my friends and they don't all have to look like me. As I became more interested in politics, I noticed the same states that had those funny idea's are all Red states! 30 years ago I would not have connected those dot's.

So now here is the question.

Is the MAGA hat a sign of racism?

Does it mean the same thing in every state?

This is just my opinion, but if I saw someone wearing a MAGA hat in California. That might as well be wearing an KKK hood and robs. I think it means the same thing because they live in California and know we get along very nicely with our neighbors. I can't say what it means to other people in other states. But most people by now should realize Trump wasn't an economic messiah to most people!
    Idiotic, illogical, nonsense. What are you talking about here? Not only lies but dumb as a bag of rocks too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast