Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  RUNCL   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 135

Thread: (Speakers corner) What will Trump run on in 2020?

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Like I said bias propaganda instead of reporting the news
    By definition, this was not propaganda. It was, however, reporting on something newsworthy.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    we think trump lied and the north koreans were truthful is in fact propaganda opinion... capishe??
    Actually, this was not an editorial expressing an opinion. I defy you to find a single quote in the article, directly attributable to the author, in which he expresses his own opinion as fact. (Here's a clue - none exist.)

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    If this is an objective news source like you and your fanboy states then the they could have said... there have been different accounts coming out of the meeting..
    Newsflash: That's exactly what he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    NOT state which side they believed....
    Newsflash: That's exactly what he didn't do.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    In this case the story established baseline veracity as a North Korean official who works for a dictator regime
    Actually, they did no such thing. But it's amusing you tried to incorporate the phrase I used to describe you to make your false argument.

    At any rate you might want to consider picking up your night school classes again. And pick the peanuts out of your teeth while you're at it.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    91

    Default

    In case you're wondering about the credibility of Eric Talmadge, the respects he commands from various news outlets (both left- and right-leaning), or the fact that he has NOT injected partisan politics into his coverage as Pyongyang bureau chief, here's his interview on......wait for it......FoxNews:



    (Edit: his interview begins at the 7:00 mark.)
    Last edited by Panshot; 03-01-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    In case you're wondering about the credibility of Eric Talmadge, the respects he commands from various news outlets (both left- and right-leaning), or the fact that he has NOT injected partisan politics into his coverage as Pyongyang bureau chief, here's his interview on......wait for it......FoxNews:



    (Edit: his interview begins at the 7:00 mark.)
    I've finally realized it's hard to reach someone who cant even read.

    At this point, I'm treating The Plate like the fly shop dog at Fisherman's Spot.

  4. #114

    Default

    Oh here we go, by it's definition but how about achieving the same end point or results???

    When this liberal writes this
    "So who's telling the truth? In this case, it seems that the North Koreans are." Guess what it seems that's an opinion or is it that easy to fool you sheeple? A commie official who considers the US an enemy has no reason to misrepresent and lie at all right?? Whoa and no let's make up a fictitious source to corroborate the Commie officials remark by wrapping it up in a bowtie at the end and quoting him by showing that his last comments corroborate the commie's version of the talks so all the rest of it is true!! Pfffttt. Wow Eric Talmadge huh he can't do no wrong. I remember when Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw were good journalist too and respected the world over until they showed their yella belly and started making @#$# up and injected bias into their story at the behest of the media owners. So what if he's on Fox News, what's your point?

  5. #115

    Default

    With spring training in full swing I'm just wondering between you and pinhead who's doing the catching and who's doing the pitching?? Also is FN's own "The Natural lefty" Bobby Blueford part of the team and what position will he be playing? Tucks I see him being the manager. I think you got afree agent in John Herpes who wants to sign but for someone playing American legion ball wanting to to get up to the big leagues it might be a stretch for him...Pffftttpffrrrt...



    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I've finally realized it's hard to reach someone who cant even read.

    At this point, I'm treating The Plate like the fly shop dog at Fisherman's Spot.
    Last edited by steelhead; 03-02-2019 at 05:06 PM.

  6. #116

    Default

    On a more somber note, Steelhead do you think there was any success gained out of the 2 summits Trump had with North Korea? (I'll let you go first but my opinion might surprise you!) lol

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    So to review,

    1. Steelplate has a list of all sources that he doesn't read because they are "Fake News." But doesn't have a list of sources that he does read to get his "Real News."

    2. Steelplate STILL doesn't understand that in his previous assertion in regards to the North Korea summit, he laid down the rake and stepped on it himself, simply because he didn't read the next sentence after the sentence he quoted; that, or he doesn't have a strong grasp of the English language.



    3. Is now resorting to recycled 'jokes,' that are not funny whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Pffftttpffrrrt...

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Den of Iniquity
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Oh here we go, by it's definition but how about achieving the same end point or results???

    When this liberal writes this
    "So who's telling the truth? In this case, it seems that the North Koreans are." Guess what it seems that's an opinion or is it that easy to fool you sheeple?
    I know it's hard for you to grasp the nuances of the English language, so I'm sure you missed that the statement you quoted qualifies itself - twice! -and clearly doesn't present itself as a fact in absolute terms, but an observation based on the reports and information provided. It goes on to support that statement - but AH HA! You conveniently disregard a key piece of reporting:

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    A commie official who considers the US an enemy has no reason to misrepresent and lie at all right?? Whoa and no let's make up a fictitious source to corroborate the Commie officials remark by wrapping it up in a bowtie at the end and quoting him by showing that his last comments corroborate the commie's version of the talks so all the rest of it is true!!
    And we've come full circle. Once again, we see you using Trump as your baseline of veracity.

    Neither Minister (there are two in question) proclaimed himself to be an enemy of the U.S. before, during, or after their press conference.

    And you have no evidence to suggest that the AP bureau chief fabricated any part of his reporting.

    Truth be told, Talmadge has repeatedly stated that, while disappointed in the outcome, the North Koreans had been asking for a lot to begin with, but that there was reason for optimism for future work:

    “The North Koreans came out with a really 'big ask' right from the beginning, and so it’s not really surprising that it didn’t work out,” Talmadge said about North Korea’s desire to have all sanctions lifted. “We should keep in mind that Kim also vowed to maintain his moratorium on missile launches and nuclear tests and that’s a really big deal. So we don’t need to go right back into crisis mode. We can continue talks and I think the door was left open for that. So that’s an important outcome.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...-eric-talmadge

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    So what if he's on Fox News, what's your point?
    That his credibility and reputation among news agencies across the political spectrum is a damn sight better than yours. Or Trump's.
    Last edited by Panshot; 03-03-2019 at 01:51 PM.

  9. #119

    Default

    You are one slow cookie, refer to my example of you being a big "balla" and coming home to your model wife....#@$# you guys are dense. Using the old, anonymous source to corroborate a commie officials remarks and then you liberals assuming that it must be true because of the anonymous source "not authorized to speak on the matter"... LOL hey I got an anonymous source that says you're a @$#kin genius but somehow I don't tend to believe.

  10. #120

    Default

    Yeah the professa that tries to teach me about nuances but "it seems" is a real factual statement huh professuh? That is an opinion. So Eric Talmadge is now the final arbiter of all objective news reporting and ohhh he's the AP bureau chief who the @#$ cares does that make him your media god and he's now the final say on truth? The commie official never said he was an enemy of the US? Well aren't you a smart one, yeah he's gonna on record and say I'm an enemy of the US and these are my comments. Again you said I used Trump as my baseline for veracity, did I point that out in responding... nope I said if this was an objective article without bias and personal opinions it would have been titled... "Conflicting accounts come out of the talks" not it "seems" north koreans were telling the truth. Anything else besides your circular argument?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •