Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: (Speakers corner) What will Trump run on in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I don't know I haven't tried in years! I did 5 miles today (seriously) does that count for anything????????
    Five miles of what? Lol. Seriously dude you seem cool. We just have different views.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Perhaps a course in reading comprehension would do you some good, you obviously miss out on my comments about the union
    No one missed your comments about unions. Your triggered, knee-jerk response was made plain for all.

and misinterpreted the whole piece by labeling it NOT a diatribe
    It most certainly was a diatribe. Just not a) a union diatribe, nor b) a diatribe against unions. But a diatribe nonetheless.

and then tell me I made some grammatical mistakes, typical liberal misses whole point and points out a missing umlaut... to score some points
    Your poor grammar and vocabulary are but a mere reflection of your lack of logic and reason, not the cause of them.

And a missing umlaut would be a spelling issue, not a grammatical one.

Every fake news story that's been posted on here by the other 3 resident liberal is a hit piece pretending to be journalism.
    This is a meaningless statement, as easily dismissed as it is dismissive.

Of course they're not going to point out their own ignorance, that's why I'm here to point it out for
    you! That is the definition of piling on to a fake news story that reinforces their own bias.
    Once again:

It's not hard to draw flies to a patty in this forum and that's exactly what I just did. I've already pointed out hypocrisy of the left wing media and how you all pile on when every story isa subjective hit piece by a liberal pretending to be purveyors of truthful journalism.
    And yet no one else here seems to have made mention of the supposed "hit piece" until you.

Which would make you the fly who brought the patty to the party.
    Last edited by Panshot; 02-25-2019 at 09:25 PM.

We interrupt this thread to bring you this music video commemorating the upcoming farce in Hanoi:

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Five miles of what? Lol. Seriously dude you seem cool. We just have different views.
    I hiked to my local pond (from my house) to see if they put the catfish in they said they were going to do! Nope trout only!!! But my spidey senses think they might do it at the end of the week! (we will see) I do hike the horse trails in my area quite a bite. (for health reasons) I'm going to be 60 this October and I believe in use it or lose it! I normally do 3 miles a day, but my fishing curiosity got the best of me today! lol

p.s. I truly don't won't to be a jerk to you and Steelhead. I admire you two for sticking around when all those other people bailed when Trump got elected! It's much easier to attack those in power then it is to defend them. When Obama was President, he was fair game to criticize his actions. (which many did) But when their boy got elected and was time to defend him. Those other people jumped ship faster then I could ever have imagined. (it actually caught me by surprise!) So when Uncle Joe becomes President in 2020, (lol) it will be your guy's turn to point out all the dumb things he will do as President. (it will then be our job to defend his actions) You two will definitely earned the right to be called the leaders of the opposition party! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-25-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I hiked to my local pond (from my house) to see if they put the catfish in they said they were going to do! Nope trout only!!! But my spidey senses think they might do it at the end of the week! (we will see) I do hike the horse trails in my area quite a bite. (for health reasons) I'm going to be 60 this October and I believe in use it or lose it! I normally do 3 miles a day, but my fishing curiosity got the best of me today! lol

p.s. I truly don't won't to be a jerk to you and Steelhead. I admire you two for sticking around when all those other people bailed when Trump got elected! It's much easier to attack those in power then it is to defend them. When Obama was President, he was fair game to criticize his actions. (which many did) But when their boy got elected and was time to defend him. Those other people jumped ship faster then I could ever have imagined. (it actually caught me by surprise!) So when Uncle Joe becomes President in 2020, (lol) it will be your guy's turn to point out all the dumb things he will do as President. (it will then be our job to defend his actions) You two will definitely earned the right to be called the leaders of the opposition party! lol
    You got it man. You got to stay active and you are doing it. That’s awesome. I ride dirt bikes and when it’s warm I will mountain bike. TRUMP 2020!

There she goes again, taking things literally instead of figuratively when it comes to typos and grammatical, the point is you miss out on what the meaning of a diatribe is. A diatribe is NEGATIVE in connotation, your "union members are GOD's gift" to the modern workforce piece was a compliment so of course it wasn't a diatribe and yet you claimed it wasn't... DUHH reading comprehension much?? Now a comment that is dismissed is dismissive.. LOL. Sorry but you trying to fill the void of Quaggles and trying to sound professorial is a big failure. My poor grammar is not the cause of my logic and reason? Huh?

The fact that you think that you can pick and choose which policies your left wing government will have control over your life is the JOKE. You go ahead and bend over and take it because it sounds like you're okay with it and even complicit. There's such a thing as a slippery slope and it's already taking place here in California with laws being passed without any public vote.

Let's see the mouthpiece for DEMS now is suggesting a moratorium on child birth, limiting what you can eat, and oh why stop there at what point will they draw a correlation between suggested single payer health care and individual health choices when it comes to every aspect of your life. But... you're an ostrich with your head in the sand and you think BIG government is good, typical demorat union hack. Long live the SCAB!

Let's see
    Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    No one missed your comments about unions. Your triggered, knee-jerk response was made plain for all.

It most certainly was a diatribe. Just not a) a union diatribe, nor b) a diatribe against unions. But a diatribe nonetheless.

Your poor grammar and vocabulary are but a mere reflection of your lack of logic and reason, not the cause of them.

And a missing umlaut would be a spelling issue, not a grammatical one.

This is a meaningless statement, as easily dismissed as it is dismissive.

Once again:

And yet no one else here seems to have made mention of the supposed "hit piece" until you.

Which would make you the fly who brought the patty to the party.

There she goes again, taking things literally instead of figuratively when it comes to typos and grammatical, the point is you miss out on what the meaning of a diatribe is. A diatribe is NEGATIVE in connotation, your "union members are GOD's gift" to the modern workforce piece was a compliment so of course it wasn't a diatribe and yet you claimed it wasn't... DUHH reading comprehension much?? Now a comment that is dismissed is dismissive.. LOL. Sorry but you trying to fill the void of Quaggles and trying to sound professorial is a big failure. My poor grammar is not the cause of my logic and reason? Huh?

The fact that you think that you can pick and choose which policies your left wing government will have control over your life is the JOKE. You go ahead and bend over and take it because it sounds like you're okay with it and even complicit. There's such a thing as a slippery slope and it's already taking place here in California with laws being passed without any public vote.

Let's see the mouthpiece for DEMS now is suggesting a moratorium on child birth, limiting what you can eat, and oh why stop there at what point will they draw a correlation between suggested single payer health care and individual health choices when it comes to every aspect of your life. But... you're an ostrich with your head in the sand and you think BIG government is good, typical demorat union hack. Long live the SCAB!

Let's see
    Oh Steelhead, you read my mind!

Instead of defending the far left idea's happening overnight, I'm thinking they must be slowly phased in or we are going to have 4 more years of Trump!

The Child birth thing is it's own animal! (they missed the target and hit the tree) If productivity and outsourcing increases at an faster pace then it is now. We really will have more people then jobs. (then what???) Let them starve? Have a bigger homeless population then we have now?

Tough choices for a really big problem!

I could do a whole tread on that one. (to be continued!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-26-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    By the way, did something happen to Brent?
    Hi Lefty
    Still around. I just don’t feel like beating the dead horse anymore. I’d be posting fishing reports if I had time to fish

I'm still waiting for the SocraPlate to let me know why he thinks the AP article i posted was a 'hit piece.'

Apparently he has other shinier items to bat at.

Need the link again, SteelBrain?

Or are you gonna conveniently ignore it, since it's a long read and there's much to not argue against?

He's probably running for cover since Cohen is slated to testify tomorrow.

But remember kids, "Fake news!"

There she goes again, taking things literally instead of figuratively when it comes to typos and grammatical, the point is you miss out on what the meaning of a diatribe is. A diatribe is NEGATIVE in connotation, your "union members are GOD's gift" to the modern workforce piece was a compliment so of course it wasn't a diatribe and yet you claimed it wasn't... DUHH reading comprehension much??
    As I said, your poor writing is merely a reflection of your poor logic and reasoning skills.

And once again, the essay was a diatribe. Just not a) a union diatribe, nor b) a diatribe against unions.

And nowhere does it say (or even suggest) that "union members are GOD's gift".

And once again your poor logic shines through. I've not itemized any real or imaginary list of policies - be they left, center, or right - let alone given a line-by-line approval or disapproval of said policies (though I have no problem touching on a few below). Furthermore, your suggestion of complicity is asinine on it's face - no one here is arguing for illegal or illicit acts. Finally, there is no "slippery slope" in regards to the passage of state laws. The legislature is elected (i.e., a public vote), and is just as valid a mechanism for passing laws as the ballot initiative (which wasn't even enacted until 62 years after the creation of our Constitution). Now, if you're going to argue that the direct vote is a more preferable democratic mechanism to legislation, I'd be amused to hear such an argument.

a moratorium on child birth
    I generally am opposed to laws which limit reproductive rights, with a few rare exceptions.

limiting what you can eat
    I don't believe in legislating dietary habits. As far as taxing certain foods is concerned, I don't have a problem with it, especially considering the history behind our worst consumption habits as a nation.

single payer health care and individual health choices
    Our healthcare system is flawed, and has been for decades. However, single-payer healthcare is a real and working concept, and one which has existed in this country for over 50 years. What's amusing is that most people truly don't understand what "single-payer" means, and there has been no shortage or politicians and pundits who have played on the ignorance of the general public in light of that. At any rate, individual heathcare choices are limited, regardless of the system you advocate, unless you are rich AND unfettered by ANY healthcare plan.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast