Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for FLOATING minijig bodies....

Default Looking for FLOATING minijig bodies....

Most of the minijig bodies I have are sinking or nearly neutral even without the jigheads. Does anyone make minijig bodies that float (again without jigheads attached)?

Thanks!

Now, outta professional curiosity, are you planning on split shotting these?

Cuz that is a brilliant idea:

In any case, I would try sticking a small foam tube insert inside the hollow cavity to get it buoyant. Also, doesnt PowerBait float? You can insert power bait inside the tubing as well or any floating trout bait.

X's 2, give this info a try!
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now, outta professional curiosity, are you planning on split shotting these?

Cuz that is a brilliant idea:

In any case, I would try sticking a small foam tube insert inside the hollow cavity to get it buoyant. Also, doesnt PowerBait float? You can insert power bait inside the tubing as well or any floating trout bait.

LOL!! Did think about putting foam in the body - but prefer any that is inherently floating in the first place....:)

Ultralight.. Can I ask you what you are fishing for? I use a modified drop shot rig with a 10 to 12 inch "leader" of 2 lb test coming out from my main 2 lb line, (not tied directly to the main line with a Palomar Knot.) with a large split shot as my weight on the bottom tag end. I drift and slow troll primarily, although I will cast and retrieve it back slowly along the bottom. I do use small trout tube jigs stuffed with Crappie Nibbles nose hooked, so it stays up off the bottom and wiggles & swims as I move it along, just as your floating jig would do. I'll try to PM you my rig set up..

Default My set-up for ultralight fishing..

Here's my rig I use all the time from boat, float tube or from shore. Works great with bait or small tube jigs. Just keep the bait/lure moving slowly along the bottom. I use split shots because if they get snagged in rocks or brush, just pull and they will slide off. Split shots are cheap. With this set-up, you don't need floating jigs..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BG rig drawing.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	51943

Thanks Fishmounter! Much appreciate you sharing your rig.

I am looking for floating just to slow down the rate of descent when I am jigging freeline with a leadhead….:)