Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamala? Foe or Fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    There are definitely some problems with Kamala's record as AG. However, I find that there are several other factors to take into account regarding her candidacy for president.

1. Being president is very different from being AG. I have to wonder if any state AGs would qualify as "progressive" according to the standards applied in these articles. Remember too, that Kamala Harris became AG in a period of a dominant "get tough on crime" theme, which surely influenced her judgment.

2. She is now a Senator, where different sides of her are being evidenced. She appears to be moving to the left, and has always had progressive tendencies as she has said.

3. She was the first Senator to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders' medicare for all proposal, and she is backing the Green New Deal and a bunch of other proposals which should make progressives happy. I think she seems receptive to the views of citizens. I would encourage more people to contact her office with suggestions, as I did a couple of years ago.
    The new green deal? Wow!! Do you guys love rainbows and unicorns too? Oh. Yeah hoping Kamala gets in.that will make it for sure trump gets re-elected in 2020. Free everything for everybody. Tax the rich. Ask Cuomo how that’s working out. It looks like you don’t even have to work to get free stuff with the new green deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    The new green deal? Wow!! Do you guys love rainbows and unicorns too? Oh. Yeah hoping Kamala gets in.that will make it for sure trump gets re-elected in 2020. Free everything for everybody. Tax the rich. Ask Cuomo how that’s working out. It looks like you don’t even have to work to get free stuff with the new green deal.
    I haven't study the details about the Green detail in any great depth yet to form an accurate opinion. However, when the Republicans were laughing about the price tag of 2 trillion dollars to help save the planet. It got me thinking, let's see if you had 2 trillion dollars to spend, what is a more worthy cause? Save the planet and in the long run save money by paying less to mediate these Natural disasters we are having caused by climate change? Or give a tax cut to Millionaires and Billionaires? I think only Idiots and Fools would pick making the super rich "Richer!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Or give a tax cut to Millionaires and Billionaires? I think only Idiots and Fools would pick making the super rich "Richer!!!"
    Speaking of which, I CANNOT wait until the MAGAtards file their 2018 taxes and find out they are winding up having to pay more because Trump's "tax cuts" bill eliminated multiple deductions that middle-class families use to lower their annual tax payments.

For that comment, Chucky, you get a unicorn riding on a rainbow to it's castle in the sky.

The Green New Deal not only makes economic sense and will greatly help the economy; it is a virtual necessity in order for us to avoid ecological calamity. But I doubt you have any idea what the Green New Deal really is. It's basically an economic stimulus for building solar and wind energy, for environmental protections and various other investments in giving us a better environment in a way that will help our planet's future, and our long term economy at the same time. An economy isn't worth much if the environment is lousy.

Hmmmm. Anyone who has done some world travel, or at least watched what is happening in the world outside our bubble, knows that if our country completely eliminated our carbon footprint it would have little effect on the planet. The 85% of the world producing way more pollution than we do would still keep chugging along. India, China, Southeast Asia and much of Latin America are more worried about today than the future. Cleaner is better, but let's not exaggerate our place in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hmmmm. Anyone who has done some world travel, or at least watched what is happening in the world outside our bubble, knows that if our country completely eliminated our carbon footprint it would have little effect on the planet. The 85% of the world producing way more pollution than we do would still keep chugging along. India, China, Southeast Asia and much of Latin America are more worried about today than the future. Cleaner is better, but let's not exaggerate our place in all this.
    Let's hope more of the World tries to follow India's example on cars. They want in their country in the next 15 years, all new cars sold to be electric.

The United States is still among the leaders in CO2 emissions per capita. Saving our environment is a global issue that all nations need to participate in, but being a good example to other nations is a good place to start. Can we put aside international rivalries and have all of humanity band together in dealing with the climate change that our activities are creating? We must do so for our own good.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/how-...the-world.html

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Anyone who has done some world travel, or at least watched what is happening in the world outside our bubble, knows that if our country completely eliminated our carbon footprint it would have little effect on the planet.
    You do realize you just made the argument for climate change?

For that comment, Chucky, you get a unicorn riding on a rainbow to it's castle in the sky.

The Green New Deal not only makes economic sense and will greatly help the economy; it is a virtual necessity in order for us to avoid ecological calamity. But I doubt you have any idea what the Green New Deal really is. It's basically an economic stimulus for building solar and wind energy, for environmental protections and various other investments in giving us a better environment in a way that will help our planet's future, and our long term economy at the same time. An economy isn't worth much if the environment is lousy.
    Got it. So kill the economy to save the planet. Let’s put people out of work to save the planet ? Makes sense. Economic stimulus taxing the rich trickles down to the middle class. Wind and solar cannot and will not save the planet. Still need nuclear power and coal to provide the power. Good luck with your dem pipe dream buddy.

GND, DOA more like it. A lot of pie in the sky platitudes in it without any details and you guys were having a field day with the whole N Korea nuclear deal not providing any specifics remember that? This pipe dream is exponentially more unlikely, maybe possible with a company's energy action plan but to scale it up for the whole country and let's not forget the buy in needed globally. Not gonna happen. Most obvious being flight travel, certain things you still need combustion of fossil fuel and without agreement to do this together from the international community the U.S. can put one foot forward while the world takes two steps back with 3rd world countries and industrial countries like China giving a big FU to our climate change policies by polluting theirs so bad that people can't even go outside without putting on mask. If this were forced through by the DEMS it would be a complete takeover of every single aspect of American life, small businesses would either go out of business or be so beholden to government because of all the money they would need to pay back in order to bring their business into compliance. Companies would flee to other countries to do business without any repercussions how would the democrats recoup any of that money to pay for the GND? The past two years has been trying to rebalance the books but what happens under DEM control and it goes back to Obama free for all again, remember his blessing for businesses to go overseas and the warning that those jobs were never coming back? So before you all hail it as the great Ocasio Cortez hope that all demo hopefuls are now clamoring to endorse try thinking it through first instead of letting your wishful thinking and hopes and dreams get in the way of reality.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast