Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kamala? Foe or Fraud?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kamala? Foe or Fraud?

I'll start with these few articles.

Unlike some, I trust reporting to make sure they divulge facts. I trust our brains to interpret those facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/o...l-justice.html

https://ocweekly.com/kamala-harris-president-campaign/

https://www.latimes.com/local/politi...201-story.html

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ms-3263797.php

Let's have a civil discussion, so no mom's involved.

There are definitely some problems with Kamala's record as AG. However, I find that there are several other factors to take into account regarding her candidacy for president.

1. Being president is very different from being AG. I have to wonder if any state AGs would qualify as "progressive" according to the standards applied in these articles. Remember too, that Kamala Harris became AG in a period of a dominant "get tough on crime" theme, which surely influenced her judgment.

2. She is now a Senator, where different sides of her are being evidenced. She appears to be moving to the left, and has always had progressive tendencies as she has said.

3. She was the first Senator to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders' medicare for all proposal, and she is backing the Green New Deal and a bunch of other proposals which should make progressives happy. I think she seems receptive to the views of citizens. I would encourage more people to contact her office with suggestions, as I did a couple of years ago.

Starts with a C. Ends with a T.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Starts with a C. Ends with a T.
    The first time I've ever agreed with you.

She is a Centrist.

Webster Dictionary defines a Centrist as a person with moderate political opinions!

I don't think that's what tpfishnfool meant, Erik. And I would not characterize Kamala Harris as a centrist, either. Do you realize that she has one of the most liberal records of any Senator? People keep calling her a centrist with zero evidence. She might be more to the center than some of the candidates, but not all of them and that doesn't make her a centrist. Centrists don't want to enact medicare for all and take insurance companies out of the picture, raise taxes on wealthy people and corporations, overhaul our economy to make it "Green," or raise the minimum wage to approximately twice its current level.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I don't think that's what tpfishnfool meant, Erik. And I would not characterize Kamala Harris as a centrist, either. Do you realize that she has one of the most liberal records of any Senator? People keep calling her a centrist with zero evidence. She might be more to the center than some of the candidates, but not all of them and that doesn't make her a centrist. Centrists don't want to enact medicare for all and take insurance companies out of the picture, raise taxes on wealthy people and corporations, overhaul our economy to make it "Green," or raise the minimum wage to approximately twice its current level.
    I was trying to throw toilet paper dude a curve ball. I wanted to see if he could or would react in any fashion other then giving crude insults! I'm sure he has no idea what an Centrist is, let alone respond in any kind of an intellectual response.

How do we somehow meld this to the "Bwhahahhaha" post I started last year?

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    The first time I've ever agreed with you.

She is a Centrist.

Webster Dictionary defines a Centrist as a person with moderate political opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    There are definitely some problems with Kamala's record as AG. However, I find that there are several other factors to take into account regarding her candidacy for president.

1. Being president is very different from being AG. I have to wonder if any state AGs would qualify as "progressive" according to the standards applied in these articles. Remember too, that Kamala Harris became AG in a period of a dominant "get tough on crime" theme, which surely influenced her judgment.

2. She is now a Senator, where different sides of her are being evidenced. She appears to be moving to the left, and has always had progressive tendencies as she has said.

3. She was the first Senator to co-sponsor Bernie Sanders' medicare for all proposal, and she is backing the Green New Deal and a bunch of other proposals which should make progressives happy. I think she seems receptive to the views of citizens. I would encourage more people to contact her office with suggestions, as I did a couple of years ago.
    The new green deal? Wow!! Do you guys love rainbows and unicorns too? Oh. Yeah hoping Kamala gets in.that will make it for sure trump gets re-elected in 2020. Free everything for everybody. Tax the rich. Ask Cuomo how that’s working out. It looks like you don’t even have to work to get free stuff with the new green deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    The new green deal? Wow!! Do you guys love rainbows and unicorns too? Oh. Yeah hoping Kamala gets in.that will make it for sure trump gets re-elected in 2020. Free everything for everybody. Tax the rich. Ask Cuomo how that’s working out. It looks like you don’t even have to work to get free stuff with the new green deal.
    I haven't study the details about the Green detail in any great depth yet to form an accurate opinion. However, when the Republicans were laughing about the price tag of 2 trillion dollars to help save the planet. It got me thinking, let's see if you had 2 trillion dollars to spend, what is a more worthy cause? Save the planet and in the long run save money by paying less to mediate these Natural disasters we are having caused by climate change? Or give a tax cut to Millionaires and Billionaires? I think only Idiots and Fools would pick making the super rich "Richer!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Or give a tax cut to Millionaires and Billionaires? I think only Idiots and Fools would pick making the super rich "Richer!!!"
    Speaking of which, I CANNOT wait until the MAGAtards file their 2018 taxes and find out they are winding up having to pay more because Trump's "tax cuts" bill eliminated multiple deductions that middle-class families use to lower their annual tax payments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast