Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 2/15

Default Skinner 2/15

Well, no big surprises. Water is almost 55 degrees, but over half the lake it looks like chocolate milk. Striper bite is still slow to moderate and largemouth are the same. Trout is the deal now. BTW make sure you have your license with you. The DWG officer has been checking shore and boat fishermen pretty consistently lately.

Thanks for the Update!

Any updates on the fishing? Should be turning here soon for the better.

Stripers are starting to prowl a bit. Tuesday I got a couple to play, but I had more short strikes than I have had for a long time. Kind of frustrating. Wont be long before they'll commit fully. No pattern or big schools just wandering feeders here and there. Looks like the liver bite has slowed way down.

Was there on Sat with Joe. It was slow.
    We never got a sniff from a striper.
    We picked up 6 LMB on the troll.
    We did land 4 nice trout on the troll.
    Where is Mr Stripie?

Mr. Stripey is busy spawning. I know many believe they don't spawn in Skinner, but On Monday I caught 2. One was a male, fully bloated with sperm sacks and the other was a female loaded with roe. Both had their stomachs full of midges. So, they're busy reproducing and eating larvae.