Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: (Speakers corner) MAGA hats!

A lot of people are asking where the adult supervision was, Steelhead. It seems that they encouraged their students to go to this anti-abortion rally, bused them in, and basically left the students to their own devices while there.

The Black Israelites are a fringe group. I find their belief system outrageous, but difficult to take seriously. Maybe it's just me, but if people are saying ridiculous things I tend to laugh it off, but you are correct that they are to blame for raising tensions and being insulting and outrageous.

But I don't think the high school students should have been there with so little supervision, or be allowed to taunt, jeer and do tomahawk chops toward Native American elders. Unfortunately, incidents of racial tension seem to be more and more common in recent years so perhaps people are more sensitized to it. In fact, hate crimes have been on the increase. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-hat...ay-2018-11-13/

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    A lot of people are asking where the adult supervision was, Steelhead. It seems that they encouraged their students to go to this anti-abortion rally, bused them in, and basically left the students to their own devices while there.

The Black Israelites are a fringe group. I find their belief system outrageous, but difficult to take seriously. Maybe it's just me, but if people are saying ridiculous things I tend to laugh it off, but you are correct that they are to blame for raising tensions and being insulting and outrageous.

But I don't think the high school students should have been there with so little supervision, or be allowed to taunt, jeer and do tomahawk chops toward Native American elders. Unfortunately, incidents of racial tension seem to be more and more common in recent years so perhaps people are more sensitized to it. In fact, hate crimes have been on the increase. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-hat...ay-2018-11-13/
    Man you stole my thunder! lol I was about to say the same thing. But you're right, I'm starting to blame the Adults at this High School for the whole thing. They had no business busing High School students who are Minors to a heated protest!

Yes Steelhead, the Black hate group should be condemned for their views too! They are Adults so putting children in their path is so wrong on so many levels!

By the way, I don't know of very many women going to construction sites or bars wearing miniskirts, but I don't frequent those kind of places anyway. So yes, it could be said that the high schoolers were probably looking for trouble.

Can I get a free trip on a sportfishing boat for wearing a Bernie Sanders t-shirt, Erik? LOL
    I thought about this post for awhile before answering. The country is getting real partisan and there really is not much middle ground anymore. (maybe there shouldn't be!) How can you meet in the middle on Abortion? How can you meet in the middle on voter suppression? Or taxing the Super Rich or Climate change? See were I'm going?

So maybe we need to do what they use to do all the time on sportfishing boats. They would assign you a number and a color and you would fish on that spot throughout the day. (then assign people their spot to fish by their political affiliation) The fishing boat (and life) would look something like this. All Democrats would fish on the Port side (wearing Bernie t-shirts) and all Republicans (wearing MAGA hats) would fish on the Starboard side. The stern (the best spot) would be reserved for Independents because they swing elections. Which way they vote picks the President. Last and very much least! (the worst spot on the boat to fish) The Bow would then be reserved for the non voting group of people. Because they are too lazy to vote, they should be given the least amount of priority on all things! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Sadly, the bow would be the most crowded area of the boat.

Sadly, the bow would be the most crowded area of the boat....
    ...yelling at the deck hand for not chumming enough, all whilst complaining about the food in the galley.

And adults bussing boys over so they can protest against women's reproductive rights is quite the doozy.

First off, the witnesses coming forth told friends at or around the time that it happened so there are corroborating witnesses, unlike Blasey Ford's story where her "witnesses" don't even remember ever being told and flatout deny even knowing Kavanaugh. Having said that I'm pointing out the double standard amongst democrats. I actually believe this needs to be investigated and I'm not going to automatically assume guilt with Fairfax. Northam's pic is disturbing and I don't think he will survive. The attorney general Herring I don't have a problem with. He came out and admitted he put on blackface as part of
    college prank but that was 35-40 years ago? Putting black face on alone does not make one a kkk racist, if someone dresses a certain way to look like their favorite rapper does that make them racist if they're white? This whole cultural appropriation thing is ridiculous and a double standard by the left. They cry about it and raise hell when it's politically expedient all the while ignoring it when it doesn't serve their agenda. How many times over the years have movies been made with caucasians playing the role of indians, blacks, asians, mexicans. Why is it that blacks get pass for using misogynistic language in their songs and can use the N word freely but a white person wearing blackface regardless of the context is automatically ostracized? Who doesn't remember Obama inviting Beyonce and Jay Z to the white house and what a wonderful role model he was right? If the left is going to go with a left wing agenda then let's apply it consistently because their hypocrisy is showing

commercial
    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I was just watching the morning Joe show and all 3 of them in Virginia need to go. However, do we still let Justice Kavanaugh off the hook?
    Last edited by steelhead; 02-12-2019 at 02:13 PM.

It is comforting to see the distractions are tying up the apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    First off, the witnesses coming forth told friends at or around the time that it happened so there are corroborating witnesses, unlike Blasey Ford's story where her "witnesses" don't even remember ever being told and flatout deny even knowing Kavanaugh. Having said that I'm pointing out the double standard amongst democrats. I actually believe this needs to be investigated and I'm not going to automatically assume guilt with Fairfax. Northam's pic is disturbing and I don't think he will survive. The attorney general Herring I don't have a problem with. He came out and admitted he put on blackface as part of
    college prank but that was 35-40 years ago? Putting black face on alone does not make one a kkk racist, if someone dresses a certain way to look like their favorite rapper does that make them racist if they're white? This whole cultural appropriation thing is ridiculous and a double standard by the left. They cry about it and raise hell when it's politically expedient all the while ignoring it when it doesn't serve their agenda. How many times over the years have movies been made with caucasians playing the role of indians, blacks, asians, mexicans. Why is it that blacks get pass for using misogynistic language in their songs and can use the N word freely but a white person wearing blackface regardless of the context is automatically ostracized? Who doesn't remember Obama inviting Beyonce and Jay Z to the white house and what a wonderful role model he was right? If the left is going to go with a left wing agenda then let's apply it consistently because their hypocrisy is showing

commercial

This is what I call a drive by post, so do you get your clever quips from the fake news media? Nothing to add to the conversation but a smart alec comment and all of 3 posts so far. You got to do a little better than that or else I'll take
    you for nothing more than a pimple face kid who's playing on his parents computer. Come on son.

Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    It is comforting to see the distractions are tying up the apologists.

This is what I call a drive by post, so do you get your clever quips from the fake news media?.
    No.

Nothing to add to the conversation but a smart alec comment and all of 3 posts so far.
    This is a conversation?

You got to do a little better than that or else I'll take
    you for nothing more than a pimple face kid who's playing on his parents computer. Come on son.
    You'd be wrong. Try again.

Another idiot nut who takes things literal, so is it a discussion, well let's not get caught up in semantics but again you've got nothing to add but two word responses of nothingness. I'd say your 6 posts so far are a tad higher than your actual IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Panshot View Post
    No.

This is a conversation?

You'd be wrong. Try again.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast