Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Speakers corner) MAGA hats!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    There are so many awesome kicks that kids could rock these days.

But, let's get this back on track....

Would u let ur kids rock a MAGA hat tho?
    Well its changing times and kinda think its because of the escalated free speech thing that is drummed in to todays youth. I don't remember problems like this when I was a kid in the 1950s . Just sayin what I think about this day and age but who gives a damn what a old man says, I am old and don't know Shiiit.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 01-24-2019 at 10:46 PM.

I have noticed the disappearance of The Trump Presidency thread. I think I shall take this as an auspicious sign that the Trump Presidency is coming to an end.

Perhaps a couple of years from now, we will be talking about the presidency of our liberal Senator, Kamala Harris. That, I would certainly support.

Yes, I realize that the language devolved on the Trump thread, so I assume it was reported and some people may have been banned from this site as well as the post being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I have noticed the disappearance of The Trump Presidency thread. I think I shall take this as an auspicious sign that the Trump Presidency is coming to an end.

Perhaps a couple of years from now, we will be talking about the presidency of our liberal Senator, Kamala Harris. That, I would certainly support.

Yes, I realize that the language devolved on the Trump thread, so I assume it was reported and some people may have been banned from this site as well as the post being removed.

So you've got a proverbial prayer that somehow this will come true, wish, hope, think, what ifs. Kinda like Harry Potter wishing ill will on another MAGA affiliated individual and guess how that turned out?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dani...224000589.html

...so I assume it was reported and some people may have been banned from this site as well as the post being removed.
    Unfortunately, the troll got what he wanted, which is having the entire thing removed.

They'll go create a new account here, or elsewhere, and will continue trying to get entire threads (instead of individual posts) that paint the pres in a bad light deleted by doing what they did.

Bravo. That was well executed.

And much like HilClint, Kamala would not be the first democrat I'd be supporting in a primary, but would obviously vote for if it was the lesser of two evils if it would come down to a presidential election. With Harris being a politician in California, her policies were in plain view. I'd recommend you gloss over them, especially during her time as AG.

Unfortunately, the troll got what he wanted, which is having the entire thing removed.

They'll go create a new account here, or elsewhere, and will continue trying to get entire threads (instead of individual posts) that paint the pres in a bad light deleted by doing what they did.

Bravo. That was well executed.

And much like HilClint, Kamala would not be the first democrat I'd be supporting in a primary, but would obviously vote for if it was the lesser of two evils if it would come down to a presidential election. With Harris being a politician in California, her policies were in plain view. I'd recommend you gloss over them, especially during her time as AG.
    I feel the same away about Kamala, I'd vote for her if she was the nominee instead of Trump. But she has in my opinion, some weakness's Trump and the right wing news organizations will feast on. Because of the rigged nature of the electoral college favoring Red rural states. The Democrats have to win by a superior margin or we will keep getting Republican Presidents who keep losing the popular vote! So the only way to insure an Democrat in becoming President, that must have as few flaws as possible!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-04-2019 at 10:06 AM.

I have no idea what Steelhead is talking about. If it's about football, Tom Brady may be the best quarterback in history, but he is still a jerk as far as I am concerned. But football doesn't matter much one way or the other to me. It's another stupid macho diversion that keeps peoples' minds off the things that really matter, and pays its top stars ridiculously much.

Kamala isn't my first choice either, but I like her overall. I would be interested to see what people think her flaws are, because the views of different people just might clash. I think she is already being smeared by both right wing and left wing groups, so I don't think the information that people are getting about her is very accurate. (AOC is being inaccurately portrayed too, but only by right wingers.) Like DS and Erik, I would probably vote for someone else in the primaries, but definitely Kamala in the election. The reason that I think Kamala has the best chance of winning it all, was described by the aggregate polling site 538. She has it all, which gives her extremely broad appeal to liberal minded voters. People want a woman president, or a minority. She has both of those qualities. People want "new blood" in the presidential campaign. She has that too, plus relative youth and good looks, and most importantly, she backs progressive policies which are increasingly popular, such as medicare for all, taxing the rich more while giving tax credits to the rest of us, rejecting superpac money, the green new deal, economic and social justice issues and much more. Plus, she is definitely not a political neophyte, unlike Trump.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 02-04-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Plus, she is definitely not a political neophyte, unlike Trump.
    Last thing we need is to have another Trump thread disappear into the ether, so I'll create a Harris post so we can focus our thoughts there.

Last thing we need is the troll army killing another Trump post without them exerting any effort.

We can get back to how awesome MAGA hats are and how many of us fisherman would rock it with pride.

Last thing we need is to have another Trump thread disappear into the ether, so I'll create a Harris post so we can focus our thoughts there.

Last thing we need is the troll army killing another Trump post without them exerting any effort.

We can get back to how awesome MAGA hats are and how many of us fisherman would rock it with pride.
    Can you imagine wearing an MAGA hat on a sportfishing boat? The Captain and crews might be ok with it. But the racial diversity of the passengers on a sport boat is typical of Southern California. Plus when I'm fishing for Big game fish my testosterone level is off the chart! I'm sure other passengers feel the same way. (except maybe for our can't fish troll!) So deliberately wearing a MAGA hat would more then likely force a disturbance of some kind!

I wouldn't worry about it, DS. There will be plenty of opportunities to make Trump and his party look bad. They offer a constant supply of embarrassing gaffes and counterproductive policy.

Plus, we can always start new threads. I gather that Free Loader is gone. Did anybody else get booted from this site that we know of?

The hypersensitivity around MAGA with Trump being elected is funny. I don't remember GOP'ers throwing a hissy fit everytime someone wore a HOPE t shirt in public. Some idiot actually took the time to stare at my USA socks in 2017 looking for a confrontation. So much for the tolerant leftwing nuts who are nothing but hypocrites. Acceptance and tolerance unless it doesn't agree with their line of thinking.

I wouldn't worry about it, DS. There will be plenty of opportunities to make Trump and his party look bad. They offer a constant supply of embarrassing gaffes and counterproductive policy.

Plus, we can always start new threads. I gather that Free Loader is gone. Did anybody else get booted from this site that we know of?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast