Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: (Speakers corner) MAGA hats!

By the way, I don't know of very many women going to construction sites or bars wearing miniskirts, but I don't frequent those kind of places anyway. So yes, it could be said that the high schoolers were probably looking for trouble.

Can I get a free trip on a sportfishing boat for wearing a Bernie Sanders t-shirt, Erik? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    By the way, I don't know of very many women going to construction sites or bars wearing miniskirts, but I don't frequent those kind of places anyway. So yes, it could be said that the high schoolers were probably looking for trouble.
    Roy Moore is probably looking for the GPS locations for these sites.

Yeah, especially if there are high schoolers wearing miniskirts, Roy Moore will be there.

Again, selectively applying your outrage when it fits your narrative. The point is you are victim blaming. Women dress provocatively all the time but it does not mean they should be harassed for it and I'm sure you'll agree with me, a similar example with these kids here but yet you can justify it because you're a partisan hack.
    So I get it, why don't you guys stop pretending to be holier than thou Bull @#$ becaues at the end of the day all the things you spout are just subjective bull and not based on facts or logic.

Can I get a free trip on a sportfishing boat for wearing a Bernie Sanders t-shirt, Erik? LOL

Where are we with this story now?? Isn't Roy Moore countersuing the women for defamation? Oh yes how about all the new freshman democrats in congress, how many of them are coming out against what's going on in Virginia? Shouldn't the entire party condemn it?

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Where are we with this story now?? Isn't Roy Moore countersuing the women for defamation? Oh yes how about all the new freshman democrats in congress, how many of them are coming out against what's going on in Virginia? Shouldn't the entire party condemn it?
    I was just watching the morning Joe show and all 3 of them in Virginia need to go. However, do we still let Justice Kavanaugh off the hook?
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-07-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Where are we with this story now?? Isn't Roy Moore countersuing the women for defamation?
    I believe the countersuits were filed in April of 2018.

Quite the progress I see, since there are no new updates. Apparently he thinks he can just stall and it'll lawyer itself out. But, since now I'm curious on how those countersuits will play out, I'll definitely keep you posted when they get thrown out, much like his other lawsuits.

Although, personally, he should be suing other people for making him look like a pedophile:

Oh yes how about all the new freshman democrats in congress, how many of them are coming out against what's going on in Virginia? Shouldn't the entire party condemn it?
    Per the Wall Street Journal

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam met with top aides Sunday night amid mounting calls from fellow Democrats to resign over a racist photograph, an episode that has pressured a party that has promoted a zero-tolerance policy against members who have been accused of bigotry and sexual misconduct.
    So yes, there is condemnation from the top Democrats, one the WSJ describes as "mounting," which is a faaaar cry from the Republicans who seem to play ostrich and refuse to condemn even the most egregious situations that the President and his staff have been or find themselves embroiled in.

I blame their high school for putting them in this situation. What are the people in charge thinking, putting kids with MAGA hats at an anti-abortion rally in Washington, DC? So no, I don't think I am blaming victims here.

YIkes, I am being cool, calm and collected as a person can be, and logical, but Steelhead prefers to critique a false version of me that is illogical and full of rage. There are things that anger me, but when that happens, I don't think it will be difficult to figure that out. I guess it's a form of straw man argument that he is doing, which is attacking something that the person being criticized doesn't really believe anyway. No, I am not saying it's a one sided situation, but these kids should not have been put in it. Of course people who are being peaceful don't deserve to be attacked or harassed. That includes peacefully chanting Native Americans, and women in tight dresses as well.

I was doing some searches about how Democrats and Republicans respond to scandals. I could not find any data about it, but it does seem to me that Democrats are much harder on their own (eg. Al Franken), than are Republicans on their own. I recently read an article about 3 Republican congressmen who were all suspected of major wrongdoing but were re-elected this past November anyway and are currently in Congress. One of them is Duncan Hunter, but I don't remember the names of the other 2.

And then there is the Cloak of Silence with which Republicans surround 45.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 02-07-2019 at 11:31 AM.

So no outrage against the racist blacks who were calling these kids all sorts of names and expletives but blaming the kids for being there. These kids were not put to it, is it possible that people's views and morals are developed at an early age?Can teenagers take a position on social issues? I think they can but it sounds like you think they were put to it but that is your opinion. The point being you do not get to pick and choose what you consider to be someone's first amendment rights. If you remained silent and still blamed the kids after seeing additional footage of the black racists then you are victim blaming and it is no different than the example I provided but you conveniently pivoted away from by saying you don't know any women frequenting construction sites. Pick a scenario, women in office, women at a bar whatever. The point being democrats apply different standards and selective outrage when it fits their narrative. If a women happens to wlak by a construction site and someone catcalls her it is not appropriate according to the PC crowd but in this case it's okay for the kids to be harassed because they shouldn't have been wearing the hat... see the hypocrisy?

I blame their high school for putting them in this situation. What are the people in charge thinking, putting kids with MAGA hats at an anti-abortion rally in Washington, DC? So no, I don't think I am blaming victims here.

YIkes, I am being cool, calm and collected as a person can be, and logical, but Steelhead prefers to critique a false version of me that is illogical and full of rage. There are things that anger me, but when that happens, I don't think it will be difficult to figure that out. I guess it's a form of straw man argument that he is doing, which is attacking something that the person being criticized doesn't really believe anyway. No, I am not saying it's a one sided situation, but these kids should not have been put in it. Of course people who are being peaceful don't deserve to be attacked or harassed. That includes peacefully chanting Native Americans, and women in tight dresses as well.
    Last edited by steelhead; 02-07-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast