Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake will be at full pool by middle of February....So they say.

Default Lake will be at full pool by middle of February....So they say.

Took the kayak out yesterday to get back on the water. I wasn't worried about getting skunked so I left my spinning gear at home. I really wanted to just test out a couple of new baitcaster reels I picked up over the holidays and practice casting to get the feel of them.

When I was leaving they were working on the boat launch docks. I always get my kayak tagged just like the boats when I leave as I keep it on a modified PWC trailer for convenience. I asked about what they were doing and he told me they're getting the docks ready for an inflow of more water. The attendant told me the lake is currently at 88% full and it's going to be full by the middle of next month.

I was wondering how this could effect this 1st spawn? I guess depending on how cold the inflow of water is it may prolong the spawn till the lake is at full pool anyways. I'd imagine the older fish will at least be somewhat confused when they head back to their previous spawning grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmitch View Post
    Took the kayak out yesterday to get back on the water. I wasn't worried about getting skunked so I left my spinning gear at home. I really wanted to just test out a couple of new baitcaster reels I picked up over the holidays and practice casting to get the feel of them.

When I was leaving they were working on the boat launch docks. I always get my kayak tagged just like the boats when I leave as I keep it on a modified PWC trailer for convenience. I asked about what they were doing and he told me they're getting the docks ready for an inflow of more water. The attendant told me the lake is currently at 88% full and it's going to be full by the middle of next month.

I was wondering how this could effect this 1st spawn? I guess depending on how cold the inflow of water is it may prolong the spawn till the lake is at full pool anyways. I'd imagine the older fish will at least be somewhat confused when they head back to their previous spawning grounds.
    The spawn will be tremendous. Anglers will be complaining about "all of the rats" by October.

Thanks for the update