Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Blake Jones Trout Derby 2019

Default Blake Jones Trout Derby 2019

My family started going to the BJTD in the early 70s. Participated maybe 30 to 40 times. Had lots of fun. We missed a few derbies, won some prizes, but the tradition was great. In those years, in fact until recently, the weigh-in was at Pleasant Valley Reservoir. That location was very friendly for us, and the several RVers we traditionally went with to derby fish. Also, the weigh-in was convenient, so that a 3PM weigh-in meant we and hundreds of others could fish the reservoir until after 1PM an still make it to the weigh-in. I wish the old weigh-in location had been maintained, but figure some reason makes that impossible. Now that the derby ends in downtown Bishop, I am guessing, reservoir fisherman will need to stop fishing at about noon (walk out of the reservoir, drive to town and park handle the derby stuff) which means a four to six hour fishing chance at best. I do not want to discourage anyone, this is a fun event, but for many of the people we use to go with a 250 mile trip each way for six hours of Derby fishing is tough (Day 1 is travel and set up, Day 2 is derby, Day 3 is a maybe a couple hours to fish then break down camp and drive home) . This is just my 2 cents of a wish the event could be moved back to its location at PVR.
    Last edited by eah; 01-11-2019 at 02:00 PM.

im going to take Steven to this hes going to have a blast

You going to go?