Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: mojave river hatchery

Default mojave river hatchery

does the DFW use volunteers? I went there last week. comparing this hatchery to the American River
    Hatchery. it is ghetto. one-third of the raceways are empty. there is vegetation growing around
    the outside of the raceways.
    and there were 2 white pelicans inside the containment. i mean I could bring my weed eater over there.
    can't do much about the pelicans though

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    does the DFW use volunteers? I went there last week. comparing this hatchery to the American River
    Hatchery. it is ghetto. one-third of the raceways are empty. there is vegetation growing around
    the outside of the raceways.
    and there were 2 white pelicans inside the containment. i mean I could bring my weed eater over there.
    can't do much about the pelicans though
    Castaic just got trout from mohave river and they were all big and ferocious. Much much better quality than LA areas typical fillmore fish.

I am happy we still have our hatchery up here. I go over there and feed the fish for something to do and they love the fish food out of those 25 cent fish food vending machines.
    Bill