Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Arizona archery buck down (video)

Default Arizona archery buck down (video)

Spent most of this morning looking for that 4x4 from a couple days ago , only to find two small bucks and one doe.
    I think the full moon had the big bucks down because we didn’t see any of them All morning. Around noon we were headed back towards camp but my girlfriend suggested glassing one more spot. Good thing we did!
    Not 5 minutes into glassing I spotted a heard of about 9 does and Big ol’ 3x3 pushing them all. They were about 700 yards away, below us and the wind was blowing hard in our face, I figure I could take the center of the draw down to hide me for most of the stalk. Attached the decoy to my bow and down I went. My little brother Timothy was guiding me the whole time and had told me earlier that the buck had beded down behind some brush and he couldn’t see him anymore. After about two hours of little steps, I finally got to the spot I thought I would be able to shoot from. All the deer were beded by this time except for one doe, I couldn’t see her but Timothy was telling me that she was feeding away so I was still in the clear to move forward. Slowly inching my way forward when Timothy tells me that the buck is up! Couldn’t see the buck, only the doe. My little brother said the buck was about 10 yards to the right of the doe. Turns out the juniper right in front of me was blocking my view of the buck. I leaned left a little bit to look around the tree and the buck was staring right at me! Quickly Ranged him at 98 yards, drew back.... and jerked the hell out of the shot ! Aha BUCK FEVER GOT ME! Luckily all the deer didn’t really know what was happening. So when the buck jumped after my arrow exploded behind him I took a couple steps foward. He went behind a jumper tree and before he stepped back out I ranged that tree at 108 yards. Drew back again, anchored my 100 yard pin right on his back and Slowly pulled that trigger. Time went slow motion as I watched the FMJ heading right for the buck. Arrow disappeared right where I was aiming ! The buck ran maybe 30 yards and piled up! ALOT of celebrating once that dude hit the dirt, finally was able to put another one of these desert Muleys down! AND IT WAS ALL RECORDED , can’t wait to get this video up on our YouTube channel! Nothing beats that feeling of a long stalk coming to an end with a big ol’ buck. Huge thanks to my little big brother for all the help! Definitely a trip to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Gteam View Post
    Spent most of this morning looking for that 4x4 from a couple days ago , only to find two small bucks and one doe.
    I think the full moon had the big bucks down because we didn’t see any of them All morning. Around noon we were headed back towards camp but my girlfriend suggested glassing one more spot. Good thing we did!
    Not 5 minutes into glassing I spotted a heard of about 9 does and Big ol’ 3x3 pushing them all. They were about 700 yards away, below us and the wind was blowing hard in our face, I figure I could take the center of the draw down to hide me for most of the stalk. Attached the decoy to my bow and down I went. My little brother Timothy was guiding me the whole time and had told me earlier that the buck had beded down behind some brush and he couldn’t see him anymore. After about two hours of little steps, I finally got to the spot I thought I would be able to shoot from. All the deer were beded by this time except for one doe, I couldn’t see her but Timothy was telling me that she was feeding away so I was still in the clear to move forward. Slowly inching my way forward when Timothy tells me that the buck is up! Couldn’t see the buck, only the doe. My little brother said the buck was about 10 yards to the right of the doe. Turns out the juniper right in front of me was blocking my view of the buck. I leaned left a little bit to look around the tree and the buck was staring right at me! Quickly Ranged him at 98 yards, drew back.... and jerked the hell out of the shot ! Aha BUCK FEVER GOT ME! Luckily all the deer didn’t really know what was happening. So when the buck jumped after my arrow exploded behind him I took a couple steps foward. He went behind a jumper tree and before he stepped back out I ranged that tree at 108 yards. Drew back again, anchored my 100 yard pin right on his back and Slowly pulled that trigger. Time went slow motion as I watched the FMJ heading right for the buck. Arrow disappeared right where I was aiming ! The buck ran maybe 30 yards and piled up! ALOT of celebrating once that dude hit the dirt, finally was able to put another one of these desert Muleys down! AND IT WAS ALL RECORDED , can’t wait to get this video up on our YouTube channel! Nothing beats that feeling of a long stalk coming to an end with a big ol’ buck. Huge thanks to my little big brother for all the help! Definitely a trip to remember!o
    Congratulations !!!! Wow. What a Beautiful buck. Awesome country you were in.

I’m not a hunter unless you consider fishing kind of hunting,regardless that was a pretty cool vid,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Dude, that is awesome ! Nice shot. Talk about some work you put in. Nice job man

Quote Originally Posted by Gteam View Post
    Not 5 minutes into glassing I spotted a heard of about 9 does and Big ol’ 3x3 pushing them all. They were about 700 yards away, below us and the wind was blowing hard in our face, I figure I could take the center of the draw down to hide me for most of the stalk. Attached the decoy to my bow and down I went. My little brother Timothy was guiding me the whole time and had told me earlier that the buck had beded down behind some brush and he couldn’t see him anymore. After about two hours of little steps, I finally got to the spot I thought I would be able to shoot from. All the deer were beded by this time except for one doe, I couldn’t see her but Timothy was telling me that she was feeding away so I was still in the clear to move forward. Slowly inching my way forward when Timothy tells me that the buck is up! Couldn’t see the buck, only the doe. My little brother said the buck was about 10 yards to the right of the doe. Turns out the juniper right in front of me was blocking my view of the buck. I leaned left a little bit to look around the tree and the buck was staring right at me! Quickly Ranged him at 98 yards, drew back.... and jerked the hell out of the shot ! Aha BUCK FEVER GOT ME! Luckily all the deer didn’t really know what was happening. So when the buck jumped after my arrow exploded behind him I took a couple steps foward. He went behind a jumper tree and before he stepped back out I ranged that tree at 108 yards. Drew back again, anchored my 100 yard pin right on his back and Slowly pulled that trigger. Time went slow motion as I watched the FMJ heading right for the buck. Arrow disappeared right where I was aiming ! The buck ran maybe 30 yards and piled up! ALOT of celebrating once that dude hit the dirt, finally was able to put another one of these desert Muleys down! AND IT WAS ALL RECORDED , can’t wait to get this video up on our YouTube channel! Nothing beats la vuelta 2019 route of a long stalk coming to an end with a big ol’ buck. Huge thanks to my little big brother for all the help! Definitely a trip to remember!
    Great vid!
    Last edited by beerens; 02-14-2019 at 11:16 PM.