Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Yi Lite-Best Budget Action Camera Under $100?

Default Yi Lite-Best Budget Action Camera Under $100?

Xiaomi Yi Lite Is Easy To Use For My Fishing Videos!

For those that have watched me from my 1st video i've always used Contour Action Cameras. All it took was one flick on & off operation. Simple & easy. But times are changing. I now need EIS "Electronic Image Stabilization". Certain features aren't available in small units like light sensitivity for night videos to canceling out high wind rash. Also i fund my own videos so i must be budget conscious in everything i do.

Days ago i tried the OnReal Action Camera, another $100 video camera. Was impressed by the ease of it's operation & it came with a lot of extras. Today i'm trying Xiaomi's Yi Lite. Stats are very similar. This unit comes "bare bones', only the camera, 1 battery & a charging cable. So i added extra accessories to compensate.

I'm not a electronic reviewer, but i learn fast. I'm looking for attributes specifically for my YouTube Channel. Shoreline fishing, bowling, and shortly trolling & diving once my boat is out of storage. I need units that can help me accomplish this. Got 1 more on the way. I plan on using all units, some are stationary while my main unit will be mobile. So far the BEST feature of this unit is the loud "chirping" when the unit is switched on & off. Also the extra "chirps" when i switch the recording switch on & off. Now i don't have to take off my headband to check if it's recording as the "chirps" are extremely loud & easy to hear, even in high winds.

Features of The Yi Lite-
    2in LCD Touch Screen-very easy to use.
    Unit size is 65mm x 30mm x 42mm.
    Weighs only 72g.
    Has a 150 degree wide angle lens.
    Aperture is F2.8.
    Has a 16mp sensor.
    4K records only 20fps/1080p 60fps & 30fps/720p in 120fps.
    Battery life 130min at 1080p @ 60fps.
    Can record Time Lapse Videos & in EIS Stabilization as well.
    Has a tripod mount.
    Uses GoPro style accessories.
    Requires a Class 10 (or higher) micro SD Card.

What Are The Downsides?
    Unit isn't waterproof so you need to purchase a UW case (not incl).
    Also need to buy extra accessories unlike some units like the OnReal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6173kZCePw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E1842.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	51781  

Nice review and info Chris,cool little camera,picture looks adequate,bummer on the wind wonder what can be done about that?
    Hey it seems small enough and lite enough to attach to the bill of your hat,seems like the less gear needed the better,just a thought,take care Brah!

Cya Tuna Vic

I have it on a GroPro headband. Looking to get a wind sock next. Thanks:)