Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tuff out there the last 2 weeks

Default Tuff out there the last 2 weeks

Not sure how everyone did the last 2 weeks at skinner but it’s been a grind. I went last Wednesday and Saturday, and it was tuff getting fish on the boat. Also, on Wednesday managed to pull 5 fish but nothing big. Tried the striper bite in the morning but it was far and few. Saturday only 2 on the boat. If you guys went the last 2 weeks let me know how you guys did. Thx

Yah, it's been really up and down. Last Tuesday 12-18 my day started slowly but after 10 AM the stripers turned on (trolling). Came back 2 days later and only managed a few fish all day. My largemouth hunting friends are getting a few but nothing big. Maybe after this full moon phase things will improve.

I was out there 12/15/18 and found a school chasing bait at the end of ramp 2 area. Only caught a few on white swimbaits but had several bites that did not connect. We even got 3 or 4 largies with biggest at 4 pounds. The fish remained in the area from sunrise to about 8:30ish. Bounced off the lake at 10:30. We tried the east end a did not see any life. The buoy line had no action also.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Yah, it's been really up and down. Last Tuesday 12-18 my day started slowly but after 10 AM the stripers turned on (trolling). Came back 2 days later and only managed a few fish all day. My largemouth hunting friends are getting a few but nothing big. Maybe after this full moon phase things will improve.
    Hey Pat, I was trying to locate the largies but only found 2-3 lbers. Curious on where they could be hiding lol. I mainly been getting them in the tules, which is weird because the water being about 57 and cold, u would think they would head to the deep to rock piles and humps for warmth.