Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Solo trip on my new boat

Default Solo trip on my new boat

I put my boat in at San Pedro around 9am (note to self get a longer rope). I head outside break wall I start to fish the near the lobster pots looking for sheepshead nothing home so I head north a little ways started fishing the bottom got a nice size sculpin to bad it’s not in season so I want to go to the horseshoe kelp I plugged in the coordinates on my fish finder I got there almost around just a little before 1pm I dropped down a whole squid to the bottom got a good hit I set the hook and I bought in a nice size whitefish. It got to windy out there so I head inside the breakwater looking for bass and whatever want to play. Called it a day around 3pm it was good day on the water and on my new boat. I didn’t know what I was doing or how to read my fish finder not use to just colors that show the fish instead of fish Symbol. It will take time for me to get use to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA519FE9-0C44-4FEF-B6F5-D0EB44D0AC09.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	51738Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F6F1DA8A-24E6-400A-B147-51CF46D06BDE.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	51739

Nice going bowler,I took my skiff out a few times solo,it was ok but much more fun with a buddy but sometimes no one is available,sculpin are great eating,I think their gonna be open season all year next year,thought I read that. Glad you got your new skiff out,wouldn’t mind seeing a few more pics of it,what did you name it?

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice going bowler,I took my skiff out a few times solo,it was ok but much more fun with a buddy but sometimes no one is available,sculpin are great eating,I think their gonna be open season all year next year,thought I read that. Glad you got your new skiff out,wouldn’t mind seeing a few more pics of it,what did you name it?

Cya Tuna Vic
    I couldn't post a video of the dolphins coming next to my boat. No I haven't named it yet but I think I have a good name for it

what was the name of the 1st boat? congrats on the successful 1st outing

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I couldn't post a video of the dolphins coming next to my boat. No I haven't named it yet but I think I have a good name for it
    Yeah that’s always cool,it’s just amazing how many things you will come across while on the salt,I’ve seen many strange things,I really miss my skiff,always looking for the next one!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    what was the name of the 1st boat? congrats on the successful 1st outing
    I never named my other boat. Lol
    Thanks it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bowler View Post
    I never named my other boat. Lol
    Thanks it was fun.
    Try Rocky Point area. There"s three story mansion head out from from there. Water is 50' deep and drop off to 70 hole.. All i had was a depth finder but got bass hali's rockfish there. Had bass boiling all around boat. Lots of chum. 14' still for sale? I Don't do craigs list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister.Twister View Post
    Try Rocky Point area. There"s three story mansion head out from from there. Water is 50' deep and drop off to 70 hole.. All i had was a depth finder but got bass hali's rockfish there. Had bass boiling all around boat. Lots of chum. 14' still for sale? I Don't do craigs list.
    Thanks I'll check it out next time I'm in that area. Yes it's still for sale