Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12-9 HH Float Tube Report

Default 12-9 HH Float Tube Report

Date - Fishing Time: 12/9/18 – 6:20 am – 10:30 am
    Location / Launch Location: Huntington Harbor – Seabridge Park
    Total Fish Caught: 2 Spotted Bay Bass
    Bait Used (No of fish): Watermelon Red (2)

Float Tube Forum Meet up! Met up with Litefoot, JeffCPR and his son

Goals – Primary goal today was to try and learn how to use swim baits. Went with what was called a very reliable and standard set up, a Spottie Special Big Hammer on a CoolBaits Revenge Underspin. I would say I need more testing since the fishing was so slow but no bites or any action at all.
    Report – Fishing was very slow. I think it had to do with a strong undercurrent with very little current at the top. Why do I say this? I was not getting pushed very much on the tube but my baits were all drifting wildly after casting. I certainly feel that every time I go to HH I need to use 3/8 oz jigs since I feel my tubes are getting pushed around and the phenomenon of my baits hooking into pylons at every cast still resides. It’s odd to me but I need to adjust to HH since I lose baits left and right there. Caught two spotties at the beginning of the morning and it just died after that. Maybe 2-3 short bites after but nothing really substantial. Still had a great time chatting with Litefoot and Jeff while getting the exercise I need floating around the harbor. A great day overall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	51733

Yeah sometimes they say if your not loosing lures your not fishing in the right area,like rocks,docks,piling,structure ect,but as you said when it seems like every cast and no fish it can get frustrating,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Great stuff for sure!!

Thanks all!

Here is the video report.

Cool vid thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Cool vid! Thanks for posting!

Ayyyyyy BOB!! Thanks all!