Date - Fishing Time: 12/9/18 – 6:20 am – 10:30 am
Location / Launch Location: Huntington Harbor – Seabridge Park
Total Fish Caught: 2 Spotted Bay Bass
Bait Used (No of fish): Watermelon Red (2)

Float Tube Forum Meet up! Met up with Litefoot, JeffCPR and his son

Goals – Primary goal today was to try and learn how to use swim baits. Went with what was called a very reliable and standard set up, a Spottie Special Big Hammer on a CoolBaits Revenge Underspin. I would say I need more testing since the fishing was so slow but no bites or any action at all.
Report – Fishing was very slow. I think it had to do with a strong undercurrent with very little current at the top. Why do I say this? I was not getting pushed very much on the tube but my baits were all drifting wildly after casting. I certainly feel that every time I go to HH I need to use 3/8 oz jigs since I feel my tubes are getting pushed around and the phenomenon of my baits hooking into pylons at every cast still resides. It’s odd to me but I need to adjust to HH since I lose baits left and right there. Caught two spotties at the beginning of the morning and it just died after that. Maybe 2-3 short bites after but nothing really substantial. Still had a great time chatting with Litefoot and Jeff while getting the exercise I need floating around the harbor. A great day overall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	51733