Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
I've had my share of story's of low to the ground rental cars in the Rocky Mountains. What's that Seal in the back, you want me to share a couple of story's? Ok if you insist! lol

I was hunting Mule Deer in Eastern Montana near a town called Broadous Montana. I flew into Billings Montana and rented a car and headed East. I got the Rental car company to draw me a map on how to get there. (Way before GPS!) The first part of the Journey was ok on roads that resemble a two lane interstate. (I saw Custer's backfield which was cool!) I got about a 50 miles away from the town and all the roads either turned into dirt or gravel. The last 10 miles I was plowing a gravel road because the car was so low to the ground. I made it, thank God for good weather! (it was cold though for it was the first week of Nov)

In Southern Colorado I did hit some bad weather on a dirt road 10 miles from a hunting Ranch. I got the Rental car stuck in the mud in a ditch on the side of the road. I did have a cell phone but if you could guess, "no reception!" I was alone, so I just started to walk the road hoping to find a house with a phone. I saw a house in the distance and walked toward it. When I got there it was abandoned! Oh great, so I made up my mind I was going to walk to the Ranch and hope I didn't freeze to death first. Luckily after only a couple of miles of walking, another group of Deer hunters who were going to the same ranch picked me up in their 4 by 4. The cool part about it was, the rancher pulled my stuck rental car out of the mud with his tractor and put it on the pavement for me!

I could go on with more story's, but I know I already exhausted poor Seal! lol
Ah yes, the "joys" of driving country roads.

The Grand Tetons basically means, well, "Large Breasts" in French, as I understand it.