Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The times, they are a changin'

Default The times, they are a changin'

Looks like the wild and wooly boil action has made way for a more true winter pattern. There are some fish up early taking topwaters and fluke style offerings, but they aren't really boiling. Just have to pick your spots and blind cast. Shortly after sunrise they move deeper fast. No big schools either. Just smaller roving packs. I managed a limit today after 6 hours of concentrated effort. A real challenge now but worth it.

I was out there as well yesterday and didn't have the success that Pat had. I fished from 6:15 until 12:00 and hooked one fish.
    By the way, the Game Wardens were in the parking lot checking licenses, live wells, and ice chests for those that can't count.

Thanks Pat. Hopefully these storms coming in changes the pattern again, and they will be chasing bait at the end of each arm.

What are we talking LMB or Stripies?

Yes there are changing , i went out twice this week and did not catch what I have been catching but I must say it was a fun month and a half .

Quote Originally Posted by karlow View Post
    What are we talking LMB or Stripies?
    Sorry, I mainly target stripers.

Hey guys, quick question, Is the inlet any good for stripers at this time? Would trolling mid - shallow be a good option as well? Any tip will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by socal_rob View Post
    Hey guys, quick question, Is the inlet any good for stripers at this time? Would trolling mid - shallow be a good option as well? Any tip will be appreciated
    The inlet has been oddly quiet lately, even with the water flowing in at a decent rate. After 7:30 or 8 am trolling is where it's at. Where is a crap shoot. On Friday they weren't where they had been for the last 2 weeks so it took some searching. Just use your sonar and keep an eye open. Oh, socal_rob you have a PM
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 12-02-2018 at 06:12 AM.

One word for today........SHAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhondayang View Post
    One word for today........SHAD!!!!
    Amazing what the return of shad to the lake will do. The average size of schoolies has almost doubled in just a couple months and brought fish to a predictable area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast