Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 11-23 Huntington Harbor - Float Tube Run

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 11-23 Huntington Harbor - Float Tube Run

Date - Fishing Time: 11/23/18 – 6:45 am – 11:15 am
    Location / Launch Location: Huntington Harbor, Seabridge Park
    Total Fish Caught: 7 Spotted Bay Bass
    Bait Used (No of fish): HUB – Red Crab (3), Not HUB – Chovy (4)

Solo session

Water was once again beautiful with very little wind. Traffic in the water was heavier than normal but nowhere near what I thought.
    Goals – Primary goal today was to try out my new bait. In two different configurations that I made up. Secondary goal was to continue trying to “back hand” skip or cast in the direction of the back of my hand. This is going to take a while to time and get the method down.

Next Goal for sure – Need to get better at handling the fish. I am starting to bleed now when they are shaking and trying to get loose.

Report – Ended up being able to hit the water this morning after my plans cleared up and shopping was done on Thanksgiving itself. Went around the main channel thinking that with the steep outgoing tide I would be able to kick in much easier and hopefully that current would stir up the fish a bit in the main area. Not sure if I was right or not but I caught slightly higher than my average at seven fish. Used my new baits today, I am very happy with them and will be perfecting my process of making my own baits with days like today in testing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0683.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	51702
    Last edited by Alakai; 11-24-2018 at 04:30 PM.