Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Help! New lure stinks!

Default Help! New lure stinks!

Got a Savage gear 3d trout. It throws a mile, swims nicely, but it stinks to high heaven. A real chemical plastic smell. Left it on the deck most of the day today to air out, but it still smells strong enough that I believe it would actually repel a striper. What would you guys suggest to minimize it?

Default 3D trout

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Got a Savage gear 3d trout. It throws a mile, swims nicely, but it stinks to high heaven. A real chemical plastic smell. Left it on the deck most of the day today to air out, but it still smells strong enough that I believe it would actually repel a striper. What would you guys suggest to minimize it?
    Bury in your yard for 3 to 4 days and get it out and see if the smell go away. thats what i do to some of my swimbaits.

Well no joke in the past I’ve caught a couple trout then rubbed down my big baits with their slime before. Maybe try some bang craw or shad

Pat, How about putting it in a paper bag with some baking soda?