Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Split Grip Vs Full Grip

Default Split Grip Vs Full Grip

Looking into getting a Phenix Mirage for trout fishing , but saw the option of either having a split grip or a full grip. Which is the best option for jigging? I'm also wondering what length I should get. I mainly use mini jigs
    Last edited by team fish on; 11-20-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Split grips reduce weight but for jigging off a pier or my boat i prefer a full grip. It's really your personal preference.

Alright thank you! I'm probably going to go with the split grip then since I dont do alot of boat or pier fishing

Full for me shore or boat but is what feels good to you.

Not much to hold
    On the split....
    I filled mine in with
    Shrink tube and rope

Cm

I guess I need to catch bigger fish. I have 5 split handles and never had to use the butt of the rod to bring in a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by team fish on View Post
    Alright thank you! I'm probably going to go with the split grip then since I dont do alot of boat or pier fishing
    Recently i started wrapping my rod's butts with Winn's Overwraps. The wraps offer great sensitivity and the sense of not having the rod "slipping" out of your wet hands (due to bait and/or water residue) during your cast. I use this for my heavily used plugging & jigging rods.