Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 11-17 Los Alamitos Bay (LAB) Float Tube Run

Default 11-17 Los Alamitos Bay (LAB) Float Tube Run

Date - Fishing Time: 11/17/18 – 6:45 am – 11:15 am
    Location / Launch Location: Los Alamitos Bay, Mother’s Beach
    Total Fish Caught: 7, 3 Spotted Bay Bass, 2 Halibut, 1 Skulpin, 1 Sand Bass
    Bait Used (No of fish): HUB – Red Crab (2), HUB – Mint (2), HUB – Sardine Green (3)

Solo session
    Water was once again beautiful with very little wind. Traffic in the water was medium with many kayakers and rowers moving through the channel. Some A-hole went too fast through the channel and literally got me airborne off a wave

Goals - My goal today was to trying to “back hand” skip or cast in the direction of the back of my hand. Being more patient on my jigging and trying to fish a bit further from the area and treading backward.

Report – Ended up being able to hit the water this morning after my plans cleared up. Ended up at the East side of Mother’s Beach where I launched for my very first time several months ago. Had a great time over there and caught two more halibut and my first Skulpin. Screwed up and did not “restock” my Chovy or Sardine Green and did not have my two favorite baits in good condition (My Sardine Green is literally puffy and slashed in the eye) I did end up actually catching a few on Mint this time so my forever skunked bait curse has now been absolved. I really love that area for whatever reason, went to the north side of it as well where there is a bunch of construction areas where I thought there would be fish hiding out since there is an overhead bridge thing with plenty of pylons and shaded. Hung out and did a fan pattern with no bites so just took off.

At least you got out there.

God job.

Robert
    <><

Thanks for that Bay report,side note,in the Harbor/Bay you also have to aware that sometimes the harbor patrol/police or rescue boats will blast out of the harbor at very high speed,it’s kinda rare but does happen,thanks again for report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Thanks for that Bay report,side note,in the Harbor/Bay you also have to aware that sometimes the harbor patrol/police or rescue boats will blast out of the harbor at very high speed,it’s kinda rare but does happen,thanks again for report.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Yah I was in a boat "lane" not a slip but like a lane where there were parking slips on both sides and I heard something, turned around and I saw barely the back of the boat like a motor zooming by. Not gonna lie, it was pretty damn fun but also somewhat scary thinking that I could get thrown into the mussels or something.