Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Alondra trout 11/14

Default Alondra trout 11/14

Checked out alondra after dfg trout plant report.
    Fished for 1 hr and caught 1 small trout on bait.
    A very friendly duck kept me company the entire time.
    Very nice park with good lighting if you want to take a jog after work.
    I had a great time...

But frankly there is no point in bringing the kids. It looks like the usual <100lb plant like the past few years. Pretty much a waste of time even in the first few days after the plant. Zero trout schools spotted, only one lone trout hanging out near the lights. Looked for schools in the red area, back corner, and bridge where I know they pile up at night. Fished hard with lures and bait and know what I'm doing. It just isn't a reasonable situation for the average person to come and expect to catch any fish.

Any updates on Alondra Park? Was reading the related CDFW page and it said there'd been another stocking of trout done in March. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by synaptik_1 View Post
    Any updates on Alondra Park? Was reading the related CDFW page and it said there'd been another stocking of trout done in March. Thanks
    May 11 is the kids derby. Expect 2-5lb catfish for a while after that. Best fishing of the year at Alondra!

I didn't check out the March plant. But I heard it was also a very small qty of <1lb trout.

Thanks Temp - I appreciate the feedback

He says he caught five in 30 minutes.

Just a trip down memory lane … I am 71 years old, but in those days before I was old enough to drive, I fished the kids derby at Alondra Park. Also fished there to catch large gold fish, that my uncle put in his fish pond. Reading that there is still a derby, gives me a warm feeling. I trust decades from now some of the kids that fish May 11, will fondly remember the derby.