Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sat 11/10

Default Sat 11/10

Did manage to catch a few but couldn’t get any size. Biggest 18” @ 2#.
    Once we got them to go they were non stop for about30-45 minutes then it just shut off as fast as it started. We could still see them but they stopped biting. Drop shot in the bushes was the best way.

Brent,

I fished a small bass club tournament at Perris last Saturday and it was really tuff for me and half of the guys fishing the tournament. I zeroed, catching just two shorts. My partner caught one large bluegill on a jerkbait and that was it for us. The Big Fish of the Tournament weighted 5.05 lbs and was caught on a Senko in the east end of the lake. Largest two fish bag limit weighed 6.18 lbs and the team weight, (4 fish) weighted 9.72 lbs. Definitely the tournament wasn't anything to write home about; but, the weather was beautiful, no wind, glassy water and not to many water lice!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 11-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I also went to Lake Perris on Saturday with my niece and her boyfriend as they requested me to take them fishing there. Neither of them had much fishing experience, but it was a successful trip at least for my niece Shari. We started at the marina docks around 4 p.m. but it wasn't happening there, so we went to the Sail Cove fishing pier around 5:30. Shari caught a medium (7 inch) Bluegill then a 9 1/2 incher (we measured it) on redworms. The length to weight conversion table lists that as 12 ounces for Bluegills, which is consistent with what I have estimated the large Bluegills I have been seeing there as typically being. Meanwhile I caught 4 or 5 smallish Bluegills and 3 bass. We fished until about 7:30 p.m. and were still getting bites periodically, but I had to get out of there at that time. Ruben came up empty but seemed happy nonetheless, as was Shari with her Bluegills. Shari and Ruben took the 4 Bluegills that we kept to their campsite to eat them for dinner.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 11-12-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    Brent,

I fished a small bass club tournament at Perris last Saturday and it was really tuff for me and half of the guys fishing the tournament. I zeroed, catching just two shorts. My partner caught one large bluegill on a jerkbait and that was it for us. The Big Fish of the Tournament weighted 5.05 lbs and was caught on a Senko in the east end of the lake. Largest two fish bag limit weighed 6.18 lbs and the team weight, (4 fish) weighted 9.72 lbs. Definitely the tournament wasn't anything to write home about; but, the weather was beautiful, no wind, glassy water and not to many water lice!
    We launched with you guys and a few were fishing near us, but I didn’t see a lot of catching. We got lucky and had a good one hour wide open bite on smaller fish with 15-18” mixed in. I literally was picking up old torn up baits off the deck and caught 7 in a row on anything plastic drop shotted. Our best 4 would have been around 8#. Kudos to the guys able to get the big ones to go. We moved to the island towards noon and didn’t find one single biter.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I also went to Lake Perris on Saturday with my niece and her boyfriend as they requested me to take them fishing there. Neither of them had much fishing experience, but it was a successful trip at least for my niece Shari. We started at the marina docks around 4 p.m. but it wasn't happening there, so we went to the Sail Cove fishing pier around 5:30. Shari caught a medium (7 inch) Bluegill then a 9 1/2 incher (we measured it) on redworms. The length to weight conversion table lists that as 12 ounces for Bluegills, which is consistent with what I have estimated the large Bluegills I have been seeing there as typically being. Meanwhile I caught 4 or 5 smallish Bluegills and 3 bass. We fished until about 7:30 p.m. and were still getting bites periodically, but I had to get out of there at that time. Ruben came up empty but seemed happy nonetheless, as was Shari with her Bluegills. Shari and Ruben took the 4 Bluegills that we kept to their campsite to eat them for dinner.
    The gills are definitely on the chew if you can find them.
    We didn’t get any this time, but the last two trips we caught some toads on the smaller bass baits

There is my niece and her Bluegill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46049506_417837228750287_1471795016421605376_n.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	51685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46018283_363437627763564_193652365910343680_n.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	51686  

I was out there on saturday too. I wondered why there were so many boats out makes sense if there was a tournament. Couple of the guys I talked to said it was tough. I caught one small one, but spent most of the day playing with the new electronics.

8. Default

Are you still able to park outside the gate and walk into the Bernasconi entrance for free?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Are you still able to park outside the gate and walk into the Bernasconi entrance for free?
    No. They posted most of that road "No Parking" since the reopening. I've seen many busted windows over the years from people parking there.