Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: (Speakers Corner) Surfing the Blue wave! (Mid term results)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default (Speakers Corner) Surfing the Blue wave! (Mid term results)

I could write so much on this subject, but I want to try to educate some people about how our elections work.

Yes it was a Blue wave, regardless what Fox News said and the President! It wasn't an earthquake of a 10 magnitude off of Catalina, where half of California sunk into the Ocean! But the Democrats did just fine!

I'm going to get real basic here, so I won't lose anyone. The House of Representatives is measured by population. So the bigger states do get more seats. However, because of Gerrymandering and voter suppression by the Republicans they have cheated their way to have an advantage. So the Democratic majority looks a little funny.

In 2010 after the Democrats passed Obama Care, they got creamed at the Mid terms. (the stupid Republicans didn't know what was good for them) They took 60 seats away (in the House) from the Democrats with a net winning of 6.5% of the total vote.

Now in 2018 it looks like the Democrats will win about 37 seats from the Republicans. Now this is where Fox News and company starts to spin the story, so it doesn't look so bad for the Republicans. The Democrats had a net winning of 8% of the total vote in the House. (Much more then the Republicans did in 2010) Because of Gerrymandering and voter suppression, the Democrats didn't pick up has many seats. But more of the population said, "screw those Republicans" I'm voting for the Democrats! Didn't hear that on Fox News did you?

Oh it even keeps getting better for the Democrats!

In the Senate they had the worst map in 50 years to defend seats. Every 2 years 1/3 of the Senate comes up for reelection. (they get 6 year terms) So in this 2 year cycle, they had (Democrats) a terrible map and lost a seat or two. (Next 2 cycles look real good for the Democrats) But if you look at the total amounts of votes cast for Senators. The Democrats got 12 Million more votes!!!! Let me say that again! The Democrats got 12 Million more votes total then the Republicans did!

It keeps going!

On the State wide level the Democrats flipped 7 Governors! That's 7 less states that won't be able to try voter suppression!

There is a lot more!

In 8 years of the Obama administration, the Democrats lost 1,000 Legislative seats in the states. Guess what??? They got back 400 of them on Tuesday night!

I could go on, but I need to hang 10, off of that beautiful "Blue wave" that just came in!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-10-2018 at 04:56 AM.