Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mojave Narrows 11/3 - still no trout stockings!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mojave Narrows 11/3 - still no trout stockings!

Hey all, so I saw that the DFW posted that the week of 10/28 there will be a trout stocking up there. My dad and I decided to go check it out. Upon getting there the guy at the gate said there wasn't a stocking after all and there won't be any until end of the month! So beware if you're going based off of the DFW site or the phone recordings.

Either way we decided to stay and give it a shot. We had some shrimp with us so we were going for cats. Oddly enough my dad caught 2 nice sized cats on rainbow powerbait! I've never seen that.. I thought the first was a fluke but for a second to bite too? That was crazy.. after a bit I hooked up on a big cat on the shrimp. I was on light tackle so it was quite a fight!

Another fisherman gave us his 1 cat he hooked up on shrimp with so that brought our total to 4. I was surprised how big these were! Check out the picsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20181106_202110.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	51668!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1103181701.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	51667