Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mohave

Default Lake Mohave

Hi all, I might have the opportunity to go fishing for 2 or 3 days next week. I was thinking of trying Mohave for the first time. I would be targeting LMB & SMB. My question,is it worth traveling there for bass this time of year? I can’t seem to find much info on fall bass fishing this lake. If yes, any tips on areas or baits? Thanks Ray

Did you go?

Yes I did go. My plan was to get there Monday in the early afternoon and leave Thursday afternoon. I had a blowout on my trailer and got there too late to fish.I fished all day Tuesday and did ok. I got 7 smallmouth. All keepers but nothing that big. I only fished until noon on Wednesday. The weather was calling for strong winds by afternoon and blowing 30 to 40 overnight and Thursday. I got 4 smallmouth,the biggest was 4lbs. I packed up and went home Wednesday afternoon. It seemed like I was the only one fishing for bass. Most boats were trolling. I could never really come up with a pattern for the bass. I caught fish shallow and deep.I got almost all fish on a dropshot with a Robo worm. It’s a cool lake and I will definitely go back.

moray, Thanks for the reply most troll there for stripers. I do like the lake there but the wind always seems to be blowing hard there every time I have been there.
    Did you go out from cottonwood?
    Last edited by drifter023; 11-17-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Yes. I stayed in the motel there. They have a fisherman’s special from November to March. A room for 2 nights and a slip for around $140. Everyone there was very friendly. I don’t know much about striper fishing and I really don’t care much for trolling. I did talk to a couple that said they got into a school of good sized stripers and slayed them casting swimbaits and topwaters,now that I can do! I can handle some wind but 30-40 is too much for me!

Ya wind sucks but always seems to blow there thanks again for reply might after try it there again with that deal on the motel room and slip.