Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: My friends first peacock bass

Default My friends first peacock bass

Re:cast member Jon got a chance to go to Florida last week and he got himself a nice little peacock bass on a spinner bait. He will have a video of his trip soon so stay turned. Plus follow him on Instagram his name is in the picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8AF8BFCD-CFFA-45E0-8D8B-55DCB8C75FA9.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	51653

Nice those are cool fish,thier selling them now in a lot of pet stores,gonna see them soon in our lakes,I wonder if they can survive our mild winters? And no I’m not suggesting releasing them in our lakes,but I think it’s gonna be unavoidable.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Nice those are cool fish,thier selling them now in a lot of pet stores,gonna see them soon in our lakes,I wonder if they can survive our mild winters? And no I’m not suggesting releasing them in our lakes,but I think it’s gonna be unavoidable.

Cya Tuna Vic
    I dont think they are very cold tolerant and cant survive even in North Florida, so I was told last time I was down there. Same with Oscars, from my source, but I have caught those locally in So Cal, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwood View Post
    I dont think they are very cold tolerant and cant survive even in North Florida, so I was told last time I was down there. Same with Oscars, from my source, but I have caught those locally in So Cal, so who knows.
    What I read they don't like water under 65 degrees