Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood Trout

Default Silverwood Trout

I live only about 25 minutes from Silverwood but fished it once without much success as I was really just exploring the lake on a kayak and putting a line in. However, having just returned from the Sierras (fishing for rainbows was poor for the most part two weekends ago so ended up fishing for native Brook trout which is always dependable as it is not affected by whether they stock or not) I'm itching to try Silverwood for trout. I almost exclusively minijig and can float if needed.

I realize that some of you 'pros' are probably secretive about your fishing at Silverwood. I understand. But if anyone would be kind enough to help me with general info such as when they start stocking and where stock, what places generally to minijig fish from the shore or even float tube, I'd be much obliged.

I would also love to find someone to go fish Silverwood with. You will find me pretty focused and have developed some unique techniques (as well as designed my own rod blank and built my own rods that pushes the performance edge). I would love to have fish alongside some other serious trout chasers. (I've nothing against stripers and would love to catch some though I think that's more of a trolling thing it seems and while I have fully rigged leadcore equipment, I don't know Siliverwood enough to troll for stripers.)

Thanks.
    UL
    Last edited by Ultralight; 10-27-2018 at 11:08 PM.

If I ever get a chance to get out and fish I wouldn't mind connecting, but all the years I have fished Silverwood I have yet to catch one trout. I am normally a bait fisherman but I do use lures a lot for trout. Haven't use the mini jigs much at all so being with someone who does would teach me a thing or two.

According to the DFW website, they're stocking this week. Last year they mostly stocked browns from the kayak launch ramp in Cleghorn Cove. I saw a lot of people catching trout at the swim beach next to the ramp. And some boaters catching them just east of the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I live only about 25 minutes from Silverwood but fished it once without much success as I was really just exploring the lake on a kayak and putting a line in. However, having just returned from the Sierras (fishing for rainbows was poor for the most part two weekends ago so ended up fishing for native Brook trout which is always dependable as it is not affected by whether they stock or not) I'm itching to try Silverwood for trout. I almost exclusively minijig and can float if needed.

I realize that some of you 'pros' are probably secretive about your fishing at Silverwood. I understand. But if anyone would be kind enough to help me with general info such as when they start stocking and where stock, what places generally to minijig fish from the shore or even float tube, I'd be much obliged.

I would also love to find someone to go fish Silverwood with. You will find me pretty focused and have developed some unique techniques (as well as designed my own rod blank and built my own rods that pushes the performance edge). I would love to have fish alongside some other serious trout chasers. (I've nothing against stripers and would love to catch some though I think that's more of a trolling thing it seems and while I have fully rigged leadcore equipment, I don't know Siliverwood enough to troll for stripers.)

Thanks.
    UL
    My friend and me did a few videos of us getting trout from the shore and boat. Look him up on YouTube the channel is called re:cast fishing in SoCal

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the interactions. Love to hear more.

UL