Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Anybody used a 3 way swivel?

Default Anybody used a 3 way swivel?

… for freshwater bait fishing? Heard from a guy who thinks it's a better way than the old sliding sinker … avoids picking up weeds better

THOTS?

I found some older small black ones of my dad's made for freshwater and I have used them for slow trolling or drifting with a large round split shot on a bottom 3 ft. leader, my lure, a Rapala CD-1 out about 24 inches from the swivel, and then my main line tied to the top. It works great at Perris while float tubing for the giant Bluegill in 20 to 30 feet of water. Bass take it too. If the split shot hangs up, it just pulls off. You usually get your lure back. It's hard to find small ones for freshwater.

Yup for stripers they work good too. You can hop the bait off the bottom when boat fishing put a lighter line on the weight so if you snag will only lose your weight, most of the time anyways.

Personally I use the least amount of knots as possible . I use a Carolina keeper and slider method on almost all my bait rigs. Dropper set up no knots .

Default Yup!

Instead of dropper loop for rock cod n yellowtail. Nothing gets twisted. Can use different test lines so you lose your main line.