Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about silverwood dam

Default about silverwood dam

I have just moved to Hesperia. and since moving there I have never been to the backside of Silverwood. so that's what I did yesterday. anyways i seen an over flow at the base. my quetion is #1 is there fish in there? And #2
    can you fish there? all in all, it was a nice day. was at Cleghorn stalking a bobcat. lost him up by the camping area.
    I also saw a spiked buck. At the restroom by the turn into Cleghorn. overall a good day. didn't catch anything. but
    seeing nature is something special to me

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    I have just moved to Hesperia. and since moving there I have never been to the backside of Silverwood. so that's what I did yesterday. anyways i seen an over flow at the base. my quetion is #1 is there fish in there? And #2
    can you fish there? all in all, it was a nice day. was at Cleghorn stalking a bobcat. lost him up by the camping area.
    I also saw a spiked buck. At the restroom by the turn into Cleghorn. overall a good day. didn't catch anything. but
    seeing nature is something special to me
    I fished the base of the dam about 20 years ago when we were working on the massive piping running from the pump station at the base to the top. There were a ton of bass in there then, but I'm almost positive you won't be getting in there without knowing someone or risking a ticket or jail. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I fished the base of the dam about 20 years ago when we were working on the massive piping running from the pump station at the base to the top. There were a ton of bass in there then, but I'm almost positive you won't be getting in there without knowing someone or risking a ticket or jail. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Short answer is that it's closed to fishing for a number of reasons. Believe it is well signed and gated now due to knuckleheads over the years. Odds are you won't get caught but you know now.

best way to fish over there is by boat, heard the stripers been hitting good over there

I think he is talking about the over flow on the other side of silverwood the flores side. Yes lots of fish there but not allowed to fish there. Have you been fishing silverwood since moving there.

just looked it up on the map. it is called cedar springs spillway. it is at the base of silverwoods dam. it looks like a marsh. its under a bridge that has a walkway. and I plan on going tomorrow morning. the feeding truck has not arrived.
    I just called at 8:45 this morning

7. Default

just looked it up on the map. it is called cedar springs spillway. it is at the base of silverwoods dam. it looks like a marsh. its under a bridge that has a walkway. and I plan on going tomorrow morning. the feeding truck has not arrived.
    always wondered about that area, and the farmland ponds/marshes to the north. Intrigued!

8. Default

Did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    always wondered about that area, and the farmland ponds/marshes to the north. Intrigued!
    Cedar springs spillway goes dry and the other side of the road is private property. I wouldn’t try it. Trust me I know.

TTT I wonder if you went or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast