Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Visiting a friend in Sacramento, fishing advice?

Default Visiting a friend in Sacramento, fishing advice?

I'm heading up to NorCal tonight to visit my buddy in Sacramento this week and would love to do some fishing.
    My friend doesn't fish so has no idea where to go.

Looking on Google Maps, he lives right near the intersection of the Sacramento River and American River but I'm happy to fish anywhere within 30 mins or so.

Tomorrow (Sunday), we're going to head to the Auburn area to do some hiking so any info on that area would be helpful as well.

I'm assuming I will probably be fishing for trout or bass so that's the gear I'm taking.
    I plan to visit the Bass Pro in Rocklin on the way to Auburn so can pick up anything else if anyone has specific recommendations.

Any tips on where to fish or what to use would be greatly appreciated.
    I'll be happy to reciprocate if someone is heading down to SoCal.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Bump....anybody?

If I were heading up to SAC I would have a hard time deciding between heading to the:

1. The Delta

2. Clear Lake

3. Berryessa

All bass lakes

As for trout.....since you are up there already...a trip to Tahoe may be worth it. I'd do some recon on the lakes above, look for other lakes as well, then once you pick a couple options -- call the marina and/or look up fishing reports. Clear Lake is a mecca for bass anglers worldwide. That would be my pick. Seconded to the Delta.

I fished Berryessa about 3 weeks ago with my daughter who lives nearby and loves to fish. We wanted panfish and ended up with 17 redear sunfish, averaging about 3/4 pound, with some to 1 1/2 pounds. We also caught the bass trifecta (lmb, smb, and spotted bass) while panfishing. I heard that rainbows are good if you have a downrigger, but we didn't try that. That lake is absolutely stuffed with fish.