Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: WTB - Kencor SP4V or SP4HV

Default WTB - Kencor Trout Rod

Looking to buy an ultralight, a trout ultra light rod to replace the one I broke. Most likely the older the Kencor the better, mine was from when I was a youngin’ either way let know what you have available. It was either a SP4V and SP4HV but would consider all models for trout fishing it’s not that particular
    Last edited by LoveR; 10-20-2018 at 07:02 AM.

Check your stashes

Quote Originally Posted by LoveR View Post
    Check your stashes
    I've checked mine and I've got 4. However, I won't part with any of them till I'm dead! lol I love them too! I bought my first one in the 1980's (a zebra) and lost it at SARL. I then bought 3 of them in the late 1990's. (a perfect P/B rod for my boat) I always wanted to replace the zebra I lost. I even had Bob (owner at Sav'on tackle) order me one from the factory. He did and it came back as some graphite monstrosity. It was an ok trolling pole, but I lost it at SARL too!

I then for years put up at my favorite coffee and donut shop with this big loud mouth fishermen. He told more whoopers then Trump! lol Then 2 years ago I was talking too him about my favorite trout rods. I told him I liked Kencor's and wished I could find another zebra like the one I lost years ago. He said, "I have one and it's for sale." A zebra I asked?? Yep he said. I didn't believe him, but if he had one, I would pay him $100 for the rod. He said, he would bring it the next day. Sure enough the next day he made some excuse for not bring it. Just what I thought!

I then tried to avoid the place for the next 2 months. He then caught me in the Super Market a couple of months later and said he could bring the rod tomorrow to the donut shop. I said ok but not expecting much! The next day I meet him there and he shood me the rod. Oh my God it's a zebra in perfect shape! It was the ultra light version but I didn't care. I had to play it soo cool because I really wanted it now!

I'm a Real Estate agent and the first rule of negotiations is, "if one party turns down a fair offer and then comes back to the table later." The offer is reduced! So would you take $75 dollars for the rod was my new counter offer? (I would have paid $100 or more) He accepted it and now I have 4 Kencor's. That pole was nick named the Barbie pole because it's so small by my friend Phil. Little did he know at the time but it became a major fish killer since I got it!

I didn't just tell you this story to waste your time! But I'll try to track down Mr. Whopper teller to see if he has any more Kencor's to sell.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-20-2018 at 11:08 AM.