Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I Wood do it again...

Default I Wood do it again...

This one is for you Drifter!
    Beautiful weather and a couple of dinks...

We hit it today. It was the first day they moved opening time to 7:00 am. I was the only one in line who needed an inspection but that was all good. Had some boat trouble at the dock but were fishing by 8:00. Spent the first 2&1/2 hours trolling. Had a Bass Harrasser 6" Medium fall rainbow trout going, Hoping for the big one! Also an Alabama rig with 2 " white curly tail grubs and 2, 2" white shad as the money baits in the rig (that is, the 2 with the actual hooks in them). And a 6" shad triple broken back hard bait. Nary a bite! We had trolled our way to the Dam and there was a Kayak and a boat with four dudes in it resting up against the buoy line at the inlet. Kayak guy looked like he had a good one on his stringer and, and we watched the boat pull in several schoolies...looked like they were using sardines or chovies and casting into the current. We couldn't get them to go so we moved on. Trolled through chamise cove for nothing (although we metered some fish) and then gunned it back to Miller where we had seen some small fish breaking in the morning. we managed to catch 2 small schoolies, lost 2 at the boat and missed a few bites all between noon and 2:30 on sardine chunks...Beautiful day at The wood!

ichthus, Thanks for the report might be able to pickup new boat on Friday as soon as I can will be out there and report Thanks again. Do not get caught up against buoy line tied off they will fine you.

Congrats on the new boat! Thanks for the warning about the buoy line. I was aware of that and it is pretty clearly posted as such. The breeze was blowing form the south east and was just enough to keep us pinned up against it without tying up.

Going to pickup boat today get it all setup and hopefully be at the Woods Thursday.

Sweet! Looking forward to the report. Good luck out there!

Went out today windy windy windy was not windy when got there kicked in hour later. but had fun new pontoon getting it dialed in caught 3 small stripers lost 3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pontoon3.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	51530  
    Last edited by drifter023; 10-12-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Went out Saturday nice day got 7 stripers all schoolies plus a 8lb. cat. Did see a few people trolling picking up a few fish nothing of size all in all a good day.

Sweet looking pontoon! What did you catch the stripers on? Congrats on the BIG kitty!

Caught on chovies out by the buoy line but to the side of it anchored.