Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Dreaming of fishing, cruising and exploring the world’s last pristine waters?

Default Dreaming of fishing, cruising and exploring the world’s last pristine waters?

I am looking for a partner/s that has had that dream and may have the resources to pursue it. The resources are basically passion, love/longing for adventure, time, money and freedom.
    Besides the right partners, to turn the dream into reality a suitable boat is what is needed. After having sailed/cruised half way around the world on monohulls I later switched to the catamaran camp which I think offers the best compromise for tropical belt live aboard cruising and fishing.
    At one point I got close to turn the dream into reality and bought a 320K USD catamaran. No long after, while I was about to outfitting the boat for long range cruising/fishing I lost my very good job in the oil industry and decided it was better sell her.
    I am now ready to go back at it but for various reasons I would prefer not to do it alone.
    The project requires a lifestyle change, devotion and dedication. Long range boats are notoriously high maintenance but properly managed can deliver unforgettable experiences.
    The invitation is opened to anybody that may have such dream and the basic resources; experienced skippers/fishermen to beginners. The skills part can be learned along the way, I’ll be ready to help in that regard. At the beginning passion and vision are more important.
    I like all types of fishing and hunting (spearfishing) and gathering in the marine environment.
    The cruising area could be anywhere warm as long as pristine waters are not far. Expeditions to the most remote areas are also in the plan.
    Generating some income to offset the running cost is also a possibility as long as it does not become too demanding.
    That dream can be much closer that you think…
    Cheers

Etucks!

This is right up your alley.

Not planning on taking anyone to your 'locker' are ya ….Davey?

edit omg I just got baited to a years old post.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-15-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Just imagine doing the boat lyfe thing. Like, fishing would be the norm and so would eating all your catches.

Those videos on youtube man, look amazing. For real. Tropical harboring and fishing and eating off the boat. That's a hell of a dream. These guys be pulling up lobsters as big as they are.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-15-2020 at 07:30 AM.