Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corny Bluegill Fishing at Perris

Robert, how deep would you say it is at the end of the pier?

I would say it's about 7-8 feet deep. Only about half of the pier is in the water, if even that. Apparently they plan to bring the level the rest of the way up this coming winter or spring, according to the hearsay at least. That will be about another 10 feet, so when they do that, the end of the pier should be about 17-18 feet deep and there will be more room on the pier.

By the way, the larger Bluegill was the oiliest one that I have ever tasted. There was nothing wrong with that; I just mention that because I think it means that they have a lot of food to eat and are growing big and fat quickly.

I just read Robert that the marina said that Tyrone Carter recently caught a 3 pound Bluegill in the east end area on a meal worm! Wow! I 'gotta see a photo of that.

That has to be one of the biggest bluegills ever at Perris Lake. I am surprised it didn't go for the corn meal. LOL Perhaps he forgot to put in the white wine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12