Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: (Speaker's Corner) Judge Kavanaugh accuser testifying to the Senate committee.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    It’s over now. This thread is dead
    The thread is dead? Did you not notice who the OP was? Remember he is the Sicilian in the princess bride movie! (he just getting started!)

The judge was confirmed to the Supreme court. However, unlike Trump's previous pick, this guy came with a lot of questions about him even before being sworn in. I've got at least 2 or 3 really good comments I could make. However, I don't want to get started without my straight man on board.

Hey Steelhead, are you out there? Do you want to go another round or two? Just send me a sign and I'll go first! I've got a couple of pretty good angles already, so you really don't need to say much! lol Otherwise it would just look like I'm just making speeches!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-06-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    https://www.wabe.org/poll-more-belie...t-from-1991-2/

You're being delusional, Chucky. More people believe Ford than Kavanaugh. Even Trump says that Ford seemed credible, before he started mocking and berating her to get his lackey on the Supreme Court. Erik is correct. Most Americans are pissed off, largely because of Kavanaugh's political views and partisanship, as well as suspicions about his behavior and life of privilege, which they are going to make the Republicans pay for in November.

It's also because of what Republicans did with the Merrick Garland nomination, and how they have changed the rules to a "nuclear option" of a simple majority for SCOTUS confirmations that is pissing off most Americans. Republicans have conned the system to get two highly conservative judges on the SCOTUS and give them a majority very conservative Supreme Court. However, I did read that justice Roberts is concerned about the perceived legitimacy of the court.
    I love your last comment! Justice Roberts may feel the court now just can't vote along Partisan lines. Otherwise as you said, the perceived legitimacy of the court is now at stake. He may be forced to become a swing voter, otherwise the American public may lose faith in the Supreme court and call for it's abolishment!

Wouldn't that just kill Mitch McConnell! He sold his soul to the devil and he may have received nothing in return!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-06-2018 at 10:59 PM.

People have been feeling the same way for over a year now, according to polls, Chucky. I don't think it's going to change much between now and the midterm elections.

Even Neil Gorsuch was only confirmed by a 54 to 45 margin, Erik, even without the controversy. It was a stolen SCOTUS appointment, after all. Democrats understand what Republicans have been up to and they are very angry.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 10-06-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Yes, there was an article in FiveThirtyEight today about how Roberts may swing to the left and become the swing vote out of concerns about partisanship. They think that's why he voted to confirm Obamacare as constitutional, for instance.

Mitch McConnell is a power mad cheater who will stop at nothing and is a total sellout.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 10-06-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Yes, there was an article in FiveThirtyEight today about how Roberts may swing to the left and become the swing vote out of concerns about partisanship. They think that's why he voted to confirm Obamacare as constitutional, for instance.

Mitch McConnell is a power mad cheater who will stop at nothing and is a total sellout.
    Good ole Mitch isn't fooling anyone who can read. He is now the most unpopular politician in the country. That list includes people who are up for indictments!

"Mitch McConnell lags again, underwater by 26 points."

Meanwhile, my guy Bernie is still the most popular politician in the United States.

https://morningconsult.com/2018/07/2...ar-senators-2/

People have been feeling the same way for over a year now, according to polls, Chucky. I don't think it's going to change much between now and the midterm elections.

Even Neil Gorsuch was only confirmed by a 54 to 45 margin, Erik, even without the controversy. It was a stolen SCOTUS appointment, after all. Democrats understand what Republicans have been up to and they are very angry.
    1 dem voted yea.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    1 dem voted yea.
    Only because it didn't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Only because it didn't matter!
    And he wanted to remain in his position in the red state he lives in.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567