Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Combat Fishing Sockeye

Default Combat Fishing Sockeye

Salmon Fishing the Straight of Georgia was a totally new experience for me this year as I haven't been around this area that long. The sockeye run is what really got me out there and keeps drawing me back out. It is a lot of fun to watch hundreds of fish jumping and huge schools on your sonar. Better yet they are fairly cooperative and it is quite common to catch your limit and they taste great. In this video I explain a few more things I do out on the water. Also I land all the fish with the Sockeye Flop this time around and no net. Sure I lose a few again, but end up with a limit. Got some cool underwater attack shots as well wit the gopro on the rigger. Plus some combat fishing with the Purse Seine net boats out there edging me off the schools so they could scoop up thousands of sockeye. It's crazy out there. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Last edited by Calicanuck; 09-23-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Awesome report again Calicanuck. Amazing how pissed the commercial guys will get if you come near them, but have no problem running you over and telling you to get of of your fish so they can have them. I know a few guys in Texas that would have had something rather unpleasant to say and show them if you know what I mean.
    I'm always out for fun and don't like drama, ESPECIALLY when I'm fishing. That's my relax and down time to recharge.
    I'd love to fish with you up there. You get out there and get after it and it looks like a ton of fun.

Keep the reports coming.

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Awesome report again Calicanuck. Amazing how pissed the commercial guys will get if you come near them, but have no problem running you over and telling you to get of of your fish so they can have them. I know a few guys in Texas that would have had something rather unpleasant to say and show them if you know what I mean.
    I'm always out for fun and don't like drama, ESPECIALLY when I'm fishing. That's my relax and down time to recharge.
    I'd love to fish with you up there. You get out there and get after it and it looks like a ton of fun.

Keep the reports coming.

Brent
    Thanks, yeah I know what you mean. I'm not into arguments just want to have a good time.

Well that's pretty much it for the season. Heard its been kind of dead out there this week and they are closing the fisher tomorrow. So that is it till next year. If the weather is nice I might still go out and try for Kings, coho and chum, but they are never as thick as the sockeye and can be somewhat hit and miss. Next big sockeye run and hopefully and opening will be 2022. Would be shocking to get an opening earlier.

Thanks for watching! I had fun fishing with a bunch of different people this season. Good times out there!