Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Belvedere Park Lake 8-9-18

Default Belvedere Park Lake 8-9-18

Decided to head over to Belvedere park Lake on Sunday after they had a Derby on Saturday to go for some carry over action. No action was to be had...

The lake is quite small and directly next to the Sheriffs station and I believe a courthouse. It is nice since it is surrounded by a concrete walkway but also not that nice since the concrete is just covered in duck poop and there is no place to really post up your poles. Most people were really just laying their poles on the walkway and propped up with the little curb immediately next to the lake.

Gotta be careful with the pipes that run to the bubblers in the middle of the lake as they are easy to get snagged up on.

I was throwing Powerbait, M&M with garlic oil and Shrimp/marshmallows with no action. I did see a carp pulled in and two catfish from others allegedly using Shrimp but others reported them using Nightcrawlers. Not that great but I was told on the way out that they fished a BUNCH on the derby day and there were people there all night fishing up more catfish. Since the lake is so small I believe it, don't see much area for any part of the lake to not get covered at some point.

Great report well done and to the point thanks.