Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Trout like heat as much as I do

Default Trout like heat as much as I do

It was 90s below 6000ft most of the time (9 AM- dark) and it seemed to affect fish even at higher elevation.
    Most places don’t get new stockings and remaining fish were more cautious and sluggish. Yes, few folks got fish soaking worms or PB, but I only fish lures or jigs and they would only follow retrieve and occasionally take it. All fish released, no worthy keepers.

Sand traps: only worked an hour after sunrise and before sundown. Got a few stockers, 12” or so.

Creeks between Indy and Bishop: got a couple small rainbows in less obvious pools (easy pools are good for hooking old fishing line only, snagged 5 lines!)

Bishop creek: got a little away from main track and got 3 browns, largest 12” (nice colors)– all darting from under bushes/trees decorated with line.

Sabrina and Convict: skunk, pleasant hiking at cooler elevation in AM. Nobody was catching fish at those but a a couple worm users. Fish would surface, follow and turn away.

Canals between Bishop and Big Pine: good bass bite before sun set (got 3) when it ‘cools’ to 85.

Overall, good time with friends but lousy fishing, maybe awhile before I get back.

Thanks for the update efish. All you can do is cover water, nothing to do if they don't stock those ponds...gotta love those honey creeks to keep the mojo rolling

Did you happen to see any signs of carping cruising the canals that need to be force fed an arrow??