Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Slow day at the home lake

Default Slow day at the home lake

I grew up learning how to fish in that lake a long time ago. Lived just a short walk away from it. There where lily pads all over and tall tules. The water was not clear like it is now. We caught lots of bass up to 5 pounds, 2 pound crappies and Channel Catfish up to 20 pounds. Bluegill were everywhere, but there was no Redears, and trout were never stocked. At that time there were signs posted that fishermen had to be 16 years old and younger.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I grew up learning how to fish in that lake a long time ago. Lived just a short walk away from it. There where lily pads all over and tall tules. The water was not clear like it is now. We caught lots of bass up to 5 pounds, 2 pound crappies and Channel Catfish up to 20 pounds. Bluegill were everywhere, but there was no Redears, and trout were never stocked. At that time there were signs posted that fishermen had to be 16 years old and younger.
    I think you're talking about Laguna lake in Fullerton. If you are you forgot to mention about the Big Bullhead catfish they would stock! lol (I was there too in the 1960's and early 70's)

yupp been fishing there since I was like 8 or 9 and till this day after all that's been done to it it will still produce fish maby not quality but hey its fun