Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balboa Lake going off

Default Balboa Lake going off

Hi, it's been a long time!

My boyfriend and I have been fishing Balboa Park (I guess it's called anthony c beilenson park, now) Bass bite is going off, tilapia bite is slowing down, but still nice. Getting a lot done with a Carolina rig and some roboworms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180903_190242_1536032403239.jpg 
Views:	1585 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	51464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180818_214029_416.jpg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	51465  
    Last edited by Herefishfishyfish; 09-05-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Looks like that bass is on a stringer? I thought reclaimed water was in that lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony91723 View Post
    I thought reclaimed water was in that lake?
    It is.

To each their own, I say.

Going off like typhoid mary !
    Hazmat stat !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony91723 View Post
    Looks like that bass is on a stringer? I thought reclaimed water was in that lake?
    The bass was on a stringer, but for a few minutes and safely released. We wouldn't eat from that place and we wouldn't keep bass (though we would have been perfectly within our rights to do so).

I never had haters on any of my other posts here. I/we enjoy catching for sport and assume most of you do, too. You're welcome to kick rocks with your negativity. I'll take my reports to a friendlier, more supportive board. This clearly isn't the place that used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Herefishfishyfish View Post
    I never had haters on any of my other posts here. I/we enjoy catching for sport and assume most of you do, too. You're welcome to kick rocks with your negativity. I'll take my reports to a friendlier, more supportive board. This clearly isn't the place that used to be.
    Young lady I would like to apologize for the forum for being somewhat rude. But the water is called grey water because it's recycled. Most fishermen catch a bass like that and release it hopefully since they have a high fat content and store poisons. Balboa lake used to have foam on top of it from the sewage treatment process, I would wash off my rods and reels if I were you when finishing a session there, and don't forget your hands. The tilapia is a beauty, looks like stock from an aquarium. Many people release their unwanted aquatic pets at lake balboa. Tilapia; Arrowana, Oscar cichlids etc. can all be caught there on red worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Herefishfishyfish View Post
    Unfortunately, fishing forum boards are like driving on the 5 freeway from Orange county to San Diego. (where people are weaving in and out of traffic at 90 mph) Peoples true nature comes out especially if they think they can get away with it! Don't feel too bad, I'm on another Saltwater fishing forum but don't post any pictures of killing sharks on that one. Especially if they small or too big. They get the same responses that you unfortunately received.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-09-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Nice fish keep if you want and do not let the haters bug you. Thats there problem.

No hate here, just asking about the treatment/quality of the water and if you knew. Also just assumed since the bass was on a stringer you were going to eat it.
    Last edited by Tony91723; 09-09-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast