Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sat 9-1

Default Sat 9-1

Not much to report.
    Fished hard from open until noon and scratched one barely keeper and a only a few micro bass.
    Caught the early tiny fish on topwater in the back of a cove in Rawsons and the keeper on a main lake point on dropshot in about 30'.
    We could see bigger wolfpack fish way in the back of the cove but couldn't get to them because of the trees. We tried to wait them out and see if they'd move to us, but no go. Too much food back there for them. Tons of shad and fry everywhere. Still tough for those like us that don't fish DVL regularly. I could use a little stupid blind luck at this point.
    Beautiful day and actually not very hot at all with the light breeze. The water dropped to mid 70's in the morning and was back up to 78-79 by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Still tough for those like us that don't fish DVL regularly.
    I echo that sentiment.

Unless you're fishing it a few times a week, the bite changes frequently.

I usually have 6 rods rigged with different things, and junk fishing is the norm when visiting the Diamond after some time off. But once you find that pattern, that place fishes well.

I also agree, was there yesterday for the first time in 5 months. got 4 fish over 2 # each and a bunch of 6 to 7 inch ones, it is a different lake every time I go, i took 7 rods yesterday, but most fish were on a drop shot and a couple on neko rig.