Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Labor Day Weekend

Default Labor Day Weekend

Looks like a bunch of the city lakes are being stocked this week with some cats. Whose heading out? Morning or night? Any thoughts of gear or bait? Likely heading to Mile Square with my son to give it a try on like Saturday or Sunday morning

I'm heading out! You can't go wrong with Mackerel and shrimp.

I hit one of the other ponds Saturday morning and it was real good! Only 5 real fishermen showed up and 2 had their limits in just over an hour. The other 2 caught 2 or 3 each and I caught 8-9 in less then 3 hours of fishing. So good luck in your adventure.

p.s. The locals swore me to secretchy, so please don't ask which pond I went too!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-01-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Which pond was it

Ended up at SARL today. No bites, no fish. People all around me were catching. Not very happy with fishing right now.

Went to Mile Square park on Monday morning (arrived 8am left at 10:30am). Caught three using shrimp and marshmallows.

Also went on Saturday night and there was nothing going on. Guy next to us had been there for nearly 12 hours and only saw three fish caught all day. Thing is they are renting these paddle boats in the day and these people have no sense to steer away from the people fishing, they actually came close to us and thought we would be happy to speak to them about what we were doing, dummies...