Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anyone gone to SARL in a while?

Default Anyone gone to SARL in a while?

How has it been? I have seen a few videos and it looks dead over the last few weeks. Last time I went, like 3 weeks ago I got skunked. Anyone have any recent luck?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13414.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	51386

My neighbor went last Friday. They got limits early and went to get another pass. After that, the bite died down. They were using shrimp under a bobber and cast very far out.

I went a month ago for the night session. Used mackerel bite on bait that is sold at the tackle shop and didn't catch anything. I saw one group get 1 catfish. Next time im taking some shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyraptor View Post
    I went a month ago for the night session. Used mackerel bite on bait that is sold at the tackle shop and didn't catch anything. I saw one group get 1 catfish. Next time im taking some shrimp.
    try some fresh chicken liver. Use 8# line and a Carolina rig set up . I've even dropped to 6# when the cats get finicky.