Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunked on Sunday

Default Skunked on Sunday

I took my dad bass fishing for the first time and really wanted him to catch something. Even got him live worms so he would catch maybe at least a bluegill. I read the reports here but really wanted to ask some questions about spots to hit and colors to try but I couldn't get validated in time on Saturday. Hit the water at 7:30 and tried a bit of topwater, then slowed down to carolina rig and drop shot. I got one miss on c-rig. We fished north-east of the island(recommended by some people there) and off the water by 1. Too many trees as well, my dad was getting snagged left and right. Heat was killing me and boats and jet skis were a nuisance.

I plan to take him out again in a few weeks. Maybe another lake. Any advice is welcome. I moved from norcal to socal 6 years ago and rarely fished since my fishing buddy is in norcal. Just not the same fishing alone and all the big lakes with boat rentals are a good hour plus away. I need more buddies! =)
    Last edited by dslk820; 07-30-2018 at 09:55 AM.