Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What is Collapsible Fishing Rod?

Default What is Collapsible Fishing Rod?

Can any one suggest me the best Collapsible Fishing Rod for salt water cause i am new in fishing and i have to know more about it.

I'm afraid collapsible rods are not made for saltwater. Collapsible rods are for backpacking into remote places for light tackle trout fishing.

Lots of info on YouTube to get you started with fishing.

Last time I was at Big 5 they had one for salt water for @ 20.00 or so.6and a half foot rod.Takes a spinng reel.

U.S. brands make garbage telescopic rods. If you want good ones, look to shimano or Daiwa for their saltwater line up. They go by the name of ISO rods. Costs more but the quality is there

I have a Phenix Flipping stick that will collapse approximately 16 inches into the butt end. It goes from approximately 7'4" down to approximately 6'0". It's great for fitting into a standard rod box for traveling.

Telescopic rod is not designed for saltwater fishing. It's portable, and the closed length design is convenient for carrying around so it's usually used for fishing trip. But it can be used for light inshore fishing. If I were you, I would rather buy a reel and rod combo to start. There's many to choose from in walmart.